Tricky Dicky

Default Moving A Gas Meter - Advice

Obviously a task for a professional but has anyone had this done?

At the moment the house I plan to renovate has its meter right where I want
to put a downstairs WC and it would help greatly to move it.

What's the score on this?

Cheers

Tricky

Lobster

Tricky Dicky wrote:
Obviously a task for a professional but has anyone had this done?

At the moment the house I plan to renovate has its meter right where I want
to put a downstairs WC and it would help greatly to move it.

What's the score on this?

A total PITA basically - have a look back in the archives of this ng,
someone else wanted to do it about 2-3 weeks ago, and it generated a
long thread

David
OldBill

Tricky Dicky wrote:
Obviously a task for a professional but has anyone had this done?

At the moment the house I plan to renovate has its meter right where I want
to put a downstairs WC and it would help greatly to move it.

What's the score on this?

Cheers

Tricky

It bloody expensive. They wanted so much I left mine in the new
extension under desk. Rather awkward for the meter readers on the rare
occasions they turn up :-)
John Stumbles

Lobster wrote:

Tricky Dicky wrote:
Obviously a task for a professional but has anyone had this done?

At the moment the house I plan to renovate has its meter right where I
want to put a downstairs WC and it would help greatly to move it.

What's the score on this?

A total PITA basically - have a look back in the archives of this ng,
someone else wanted to do it about 2-3 weeks ago, and it generated a
long thread

I think it was more of a PITA finding who to contact than actually getting
it done. ISTR it costs about 250-300

Tricky Dicky

"OldBill" wrote in message
Tricky Dicky wrote:
Obviously a task for a professional but has anyone had this done?

At the moment the house I plan to renovate has its meter right where I
want to put a downstairs WC and it would help greatly to move it.

What's the score on this?

Cheers

Tricky

It bloody expensive. They wanted so much I left mine in the new extension
under desk. Rather awkward for the meter readers on the rare occasions
they turn up :-)

Thanks for the replies. Well that settles it then - have to work round it. I
had guessed as much but thought I would ask to be on the safe side

Cheers

Tricky

Noisy gas meter JustMe UK diy 12 April 28th 05 01:59 PM
Setting up Meter Base Ray Home Repair 1 February 16th 05 12:18 AM
Replacement of meter causes problems? Mike Electronics Repair 8 May 25th 04 06:51 AM
water company dishonest? Tony Home Repair 9 May 24th 04 04:44 AM
Meter reader clocked me! BigWallop UK diy 3 July 23rd 03 10:58 AM