DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   curtain track (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/105613-curtain-track.html)

Leveled May 8th 05 09:37 AM

curtain track

Where can I get some colourless grease to lubricate upvc curtain track,or
what would be suitable for this Thanks E

Pilbs May 8th 05 09:43 AM

"Leveled" wrote in message
Where can I get some colourless grease to lubricate upvc curtain track,or
what would be suitable for this Thanks E

Mr Sheen (try it!)

Lobster May 8th 05 09:50 AM

Leveled wrote:
Where can I get some colourless grease to lubricate upvc curtain track,or
what would be suitable for this Thanks E

WD40?

Alan May 8th 05 09:59 AM

In message , Leveled
wrote
Where can I get some colourless grease to lubricate upvc curtain track,or
what would be suitable for this Thanks E

Rub the top edge with a candle. Candle wax will not trap dust and crud
in the same way as a grease.

--
Alan

John May 8th 05 10:13 AM

"Leveled" wrote in message
Where can I get some colourless grease to lubricate upvc curtain track,or
what would be suitable for this Thanks E

Furniture polish works a treat......

Alex May 8th 05 11:10 AM

silicone spray used to lubricate window hinges on upvc

shaun May 8th 05 12:01 PM

Leveled wrote:
Where can I get some colourless grease to lubricate upvc curtain
track,or what would be suitable for this Thanks E

Use furniture polish.

Jo May 10th 05 06:55 PM

"Leveled" wrote in message
Where can I get some colourless grease to lubricate upvc curtain track,or
what would be suitable for this Thanks E

My husband recently sprayed some WD40 on ours and it worked a treat. I

think we've also used furniture polish in the past.

Jo

Dave Liquorice May 10th 05 07:39 PM

On Tue, 10 May 2005 18:55:25 +0100, Jo wrote:

My husband recently sprayed some WD40 on ours and it worked a
treat.

Niffs a bit and overspray will stain the wallpaper or discolour porous
paint (emulsion is porous in this context esp matt). It'll also leave
a sticky residue which will trap dirt of time gunging the track up
again.

I think we've also used furniture polish in the past.

Bit of Mr Sheen (or similar silcone polish) squirted onto a cloth an
wiped along is much better. No nasty niff, dries properly.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail