David

Default Boiler Installation Cost

I've had an estimate to install a new combi boiler for £3000.
This includes removal of the old boiler, hot water cylinder, water
tank in loft, fitting new boiler and the CH system flushed.
Is this more or less than expected?
I'll get another estimate next week for comparison.

Dave
John Stumbles

David wrote:

I've had an estimate to install a new combi boiler for £3000.
This includes removal of the old boiler, hot water cylinder, water
tank in loft, fitting new boiler and the CH system flushed.
Is this more or less than expected?
I'll get another estimate next week for comparison.

Brutish Gas? Or is 3K a bit cheap for them? :-)
Even allowing for the extra costs of a condensing boiler I'd suggest around
£2K.

David

On Sat, 07 May 2005 23:32:50 GMT, John Stumbles
wrote:

David wrote:

I've had an estimate to install a new combi boiler for £3000.
This includes removal of the old boiler, hot water cylinder, water
tank in loft, fitting new boiler and the CH system flushed.
Is this more or less than expected?
I'll get another estimate next week for comparison.

Brutish Gas? Or is 3K a bit cheap for them? :-)
Even allowing for the extra costs of a condensing boiler I'd suggest around
£2K.

It wasn't BG. I didn't try them due to the stories I'd heard.

Dave
tarquinlinbin

wrote:

David wrote:

I've had an estimate to install a new combi boiler for £3000.
This includes removal of the old boiler, hot water cylinder, water
tank in loft, fitting new boiler and the CH system flushed.
Is this more or less than expected?
I'll get another estimate next week for comparison.

Brutish Gas? Or is 3K a bit cheap for them? :-)
Even allowing for the extra costs of a condensing boiler I'd suggest around
£2K.

Theres a shortage of good craftsmen you know...
RedOnRed

I've had an estimate to install a new combi boiler for £3000.
This includes removal of the old boiler, hot water cylinder, water
tank in loft, fitting new boiler and the CH system flushed.
Is this more or less than expected?
I'll get another estimate next week for comparison.

Dave

My new boiler install was £2200.

That included boiler removal and install, old flue bricked up, new 7 day
programmer, new cylinder stat, one additional rad fitted, 6 TRV's, power
flush and inhibitor added, header tank removed and system converted to a
fully pumped sealed system.

I found the plumber on the Worcester Bosch web site. If you go to "Find An
Installer" and put your post code in it will list their locally approved and
trained installer. Which all gives added peace of mind.

He did a reasonably priced, really good job and was a nice friendly,
obliging guy.

Another local plumber, not listed by WB, quoted me £3900 for the same work.
Funnily enough, I never saw him again.

David

On Sun, 8 May 2005 20:48:30 +0100, "RedOnRed" wrote:

My new boiler install was £2200.

That included boiler removal and install, old flue bricked up, new 7 day
programmer, new cylinder stat, one additional rad fitted, 6 TRV's, power
flush and inhibitor added, header tank removed and system converted to a
fully pumped sealed system.

I found the plumber on the Worcester Bosch web site. If you go to "Find An
Installer" and put your post code in it will list their locally approved and
trained installer. Which all gives added peace of mind.

He did a reasonably priced, really good job and was a nice friendly,
obliging guy.

Thanks for that. Tried the Worcester Bosch web site and found an very
local man. Will give him a ring tomorrow.

Dave

AFUE, HSPF and COP, how do they relate? [email protected] Home Repair 37 February 23rd 05 04:03 PM
New gas furnace time [email protected] Home Repair 22 February 19th 05 03:19 AM
11degC across Boiler, why? Tom UK diy 54 September 24th 04 07:32 AM
Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 08:45 PM
Another heating problem question! David Hearn UK diy 9 December 12th 03 08:29 PM