DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   local heating oil prices? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/105164-local-heating-oil-prices.html)

francis May 4th 05 10:10 AM

local heating oil prices?

Does anyone know of a bulletin board where (current) heating oil prices
by the different local suppliers are posted?
Something showing: date of quotation, quantity to be delivered, price
per litre ex VAT, place of delivery, supplier's name and contact
details, would be ideal.
I'm particularly interested in the Norfolk/Suffolk area, but there's
nothing on uk.local.east-anglia.

The Natural Philosopher May 4th 05 01:20 PM

francis wrote:

Does anyone know of a bulletin board where (current) heating oil prices
by the different local suppliers are posted?
Something showing: date of quotation, quantity to be delivered, price
per litre ex VAT, place of delivery, supplier's name and contact
details, would be ideal.
I'm particularly interested in the Norfolk/Suffolk area, but there's
nothing on uk.local.east-anglia.

http://uk.warrants.com/services/quot... ent+06%2F2005

;-)

Colin May 4th 05 04:13 PM

Does anyone know of a bulletin board where (current) heating oil prices by
the different local suppliers are posted?

Sounds like a useful bit of information to have...

More generally, I use the following to determine trends:-

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/f...elve_month.stm

Colin

The Natural Philosopher May 4th 05 04:49 PM

Colin wrote:

Does anyone know of a bulletin board where (current) heating oil prices by
the different local suppliers are posted?

Sounds like a useful bit of information to have...

More generally, I use the following to determine trends:-

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/f...elve_month.stm

Colin

I did find a place that does quotes by postcodes.

26.5p per liter plus VAT for 2000 liters

Anyone know better?

fred May 4th 05 05:41 PM

In article , The Natural
Philosopher writes

I did find a place that does quotes by postcodes.

What's the address, please.

--
fred

Richard Lamont May 4th 05 05:47 PM

francis wrote:

Does anyone know of a bulletin board where (current) heating oil
prices by the different local suppliers are posted?
Something showing: date of quotation, quantity to be delivered, price
per litre ex VAT, place of delivery, supplier's name and contact
details, would be ideal.

The price varies from day to day, and will depend on quantity and where
it is to be delivered. As it seems unlikely that someone else on a
particular 'bulletin board' will be ordering the same quantity on the
same day for delivery to the same area, the only effective way to get
the best deal is to shop around each time you order.

I used to buy gasoil (red diesel) for industrial use at several sites in
different parts of the country - typically 3000 litres at a time. Using
this method got the price down from about a 2p/litre supplier's margin
above the wholesale gasoil price for the day, as published in the FT,
to about 1p/litre margin. So three phone calls to local suppliers saved
on average 30 quid per order.

This was in the 1990s. Transport and other costs have gone up since then
so the margins are likely to be larger now.

--
Richard Lamont

The Natural Philosopher May 4th 05 05:55 PM

fred wrote:

In article , The Natural
Philosopher writes

I did find a place that does quotes by postcodes.

What's the address, please.

26.5p per liter plus VAT for 2000 liters

Anyone know better?

Just google 'heating oil prices' on google.co.uk (UK only)

fred May 4th 05 06:50 PM

In article , The Natural
Philosopher writes
fred wrote:

In article , The Natural
Philosopher writes

I did find a place that does quotes by postcodes.

What's the address, please.

26.5p per liter plus VAT for 2000 liters

Anyone know better?

Just google 'heating oil prices' on google.co.uk (UK only)

Thank you for sharing, I thought this group was all about not re-inventing
the wheel; find a trick, share it, apparently not . . .
--
fred