PeteZahut

Default Floor tiling

Just about to embark on tiling the bathroom floor. At the moment there is
lino laid loosely over hardboard sheets which are nailed to the floorboards.
Wifey wants tiles placed down.
Whats the best way to go about this, should I take up the lino and the
hardboard, leave the hardboard, take up all the floorboards or even run away
and find a less demanding woman?
She doesnt want a step into the bathroom so laying thick plywood as a base
is probably a no no to start with.
Thanks for any help
Pete

smudger

A priest and a nun are on their way back from the seminary when their
car breaks down.
The garage doesn't open until morning so they have to spend the night
in a B&B. It only has one room available.
The priest says: "Holy sister, I don't think the Lord would object if
we spend the night sharing this one room. I'll sleep on the sofa and
you have the bed."
"I think that would be fine," agrees the nun. They prepare for bed, say
some prayers and settle down to sleep.
Ten minutes pass, and the nun says: "Father, I'm very cold."
"OK," says the priest, "I'll get a blanket from the cupboard."
Another ten minutes pass and the nun says again: "Father, I'm still
terribly cold."
The priest says: "Don't worry Sister, I'll get up and fetch you another
blanket."
Another ten minutes pass and the nun speaks up again: "Father I'm still
very cold. I don't think the Lord would mind if we acted as man and
wife just for a night."
"You're right says the priest. "Get your own blankets."
Then run away Fasttttttt
Smudgere

Dave Jones

"PeteZahut" wrote in message
. uk...
Just about to embark on tiling the bathroom floor. At the moment there is
lino laid loosely over hardboard sheets which are nailed to the
floorboards.
Wifey wants tiles placed down.
Whats the best way to go about this, should I take up the lino and the
hardboard, leave the hardboard, take up all the floorboards or even run
away and find a less demanding woman?
She doesnt want a step into the bathroom so laying thick plywood as a base
is probably a no no to start with.
Thanks for any help
Pete

Take up lino and hardboard, lie down 10mm ply over floorboards screw about
300 mm apart, lie tiles on top, don't worry about step wont be noticed. and
trim door!