Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
puffernutter

Default RCD Trips

Over the last four days I have been experiencing random RCD trips on
the mains supply.

We are fed by overhead line with an earth spike in the front garden.

The RCD is on the incoming line after the 100A fuse, meter and radio
time-switch, but before an "house" wiring. It has no link to earth (so
it's looking for a neutral/live imbalance). 30mA if I remember
correctly.

As I cannot find any common cause in the house, so is it possible for
neighbours (sharing the same pole) or even a cable fault on the "board"
side to affect my RCD?

Cheers

Peter

Pond pump trips RCD Peter M UK diy 25 September 19th 19 09:16 PM
Help! RCD trips on Volex consumer unit no matter what I do! [email protected] UK diy 18 April 3rd 05 05:17 PM
circuit breaker trips jozep7075 Home Ownership 4 January 14th 05 10:53 PM
RCD - all MCBs off (no L) + no N-output from RCD connected (no N) = still trips instantly dorothy UK diy 11 November 3rd 04 11:15 PM
Whirlpool Washer trips circuit breaker in spin cylce Mike Home Repair 6 August 24th 03 06:35 AM