Junior Member

Default Concrete Floor DIY??

Recently on the DIY network I watched a fireplace makeover in which the family used concrete with a red brick color to imitate the existing red bricks. This turned out beautifully and my question is: Can I do this same technique on a kitchen floor?
I would have to rip out the existing vinyl down to the subfloor, scrape clean, apply the concrete with the color of choice, smooth out, let dry, and topcoat with what? I know I will have to caulk edges and be very careful but how practical is this idea and can it even be done close to what I am thinking???

Please help!!

Straw Bales as Concrete Void Form for Garage Floor Wpg Man Home Repair 18 June 12th 21 08:25 PM
How to make new concrete attach to old concrete JW Home Repair 8 June 27th 04 08:44 AM
How to make new concrete attach to old concrete JW Home Ownership 8 June 27th 04 08:44 AM
Laying Concrete Flooring John UK diy 5 September 24th 03 07:15 AM
Help with concrete! Alexander Galkin Home Repair 4 August 16th 03 04:40 AM