sploop

Default Underfloor heating

Hi all, hope someone can help out there.
What is the correct order for relaying floor for underfloor heating
Been told 50 mm sand, then concrete then celotex, then DPM, then 50mm cement
mix

Can anyone give correct order and strength of mixes Thanks all out there.

Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk

sploop wrote:
Hi all, hope someone can help out there.
What is the correct order for relaying floor for underfloor heating
Been told 50 mm sand, then concrete then celotex, then DPM, then 50mm cement
mix

Can anyone give correct order and strength of mixes Thanks all out there.

Check out all the various manufacturers web-sites as they all have
different takes on the matter.

Google is your best friend!

http://gymratz.co.uk/hot-seat.htm - Live web-cam! (sometimes)
The Natural Philosopher

sploop wrote:

Hi all, hope someone can help out there.
What is the correct order for relaying floor for underfloor heating
Been told 50 mm sand, then concrete then celotex, then DPM, then 50mm cement
mix

Can anyone give correct order and strength of mixes Thanks all out there.

From teh top at leasst 50mm SCREED - dry mix to prevent slumping, about
5:1 sand:cement. Maybe 4:1. With your pipes in it. I'd make that thicker
if you can, to prevent hitting the pipes when youy screw e.g. toilets
down...

underneath, if you have space. 100mm of polystyrene may be cheaper than
the celotex. I laid DPM under the poly, but over it is as good really.

Under that its really just down to a firm base for the insulation I
didn't bother with sand. If your underlying floor is really rough, maybe
about 6:1 sand and cement just tamped down level. I do not like the idea
of pure sand. I'd probably lay the inuslation on a wet sand/cement bed
myself. It floats anyway, so you acn almost have a wet puddle of sand
and cement and flop teh poly on it and let it all set.

Underneath that its down to what the BCO and the structural people think
is necessary for stability. in my case it was a raised block and beam
floor. Nasty wet clay underneath you see.

So whatever it takes to get the strength up.