Jack

Default outdoor clearance required for balanced flue?

HI,

Does anyone know what the regulations are (eg., Gas Safety, British
Standards) for the amount of clearance required for a balanced flue?
Our neighbour has property which borders our house and is intending to
shift his fence forward (along our house) to gain more room in his
back yard, but that would mean as he moves his fence forward, that
fence will be closer to our flue (this is the flue from a gas fire
approx 3-4 kW). I wasn't sure how much room we should technically
leave there, and want to ensure the right amount of space is left in
and around the whole general area.

Thanks in advance for your comments,
Jack
Cuprager

Jack wrote:
HI,

Does anyone know what the regulations are (eg., Gas Safety, British
Standards) for the amount of clearance required for a balanced flue?
Our neighbour has property which borders our house and is intending to
shift his fence forward (along our house) to gain more room in his
back yard, but that would mean as he moves his fence forward, that
fence will be closer to our flue (this is the flue from a gas fire
approx 3-4 kW). I wasn't sure how much room we should technically
leave there, and want to ensure the right amount of space is left in
and around the whole general area.

Thanks in advance for your comments,
Jack

Will that not mean that he makes *your* garden smaller?
Jack

Thanks both,

Andrew - thanks--that did the trick..I called the manufacturer and in
fact minimum 3 feet are required on both sides and directly in front
of the flue

Cuprager -, no, that is the neighbours property to do with what they
want--they are simply shifting forward the fence dividing their front
and back yards
Cheers
Jack

John Stumbles

Jack wrote:

HI,

Does anyone know what the regulations are (eg., Gas Safety, British
Standards) for the amount of clearance required for a balanced flue?
Our neighbour has property which borders our house and is intending to
shift his fence forward (along our house) to gain more room in his
back yard, but that would mean as he moves his fence forward, that
fence will be closer to our flue (this is the flue from a gas fire
approx 3-4 kW). I wasn't sure how much room we should technically
leave there, and want to ensure the right amount of space is left in
and around the whole general area.

1.2m from a boundary IIRC, and if you have less it's your problem, not his:
it's up to you (or your installer) to allow this space from the boundary so
that if the neighbour e.g. builds an extansion up to the boundary with a
window or air vent directly opposite your flue, the flue will not discharge
into their house