Richard Faulkner

Default No Wet Wonder Foam - any good?

This stuff is advertised on TV late at night, and I wonder if anyone has
used it, and does it do what they say (hard to believe).

I've tried Vanish on some carpet stains, and it doesnt work.

Many Thanks
--
Richard Faulkner
Mungo \two sheds\ Toadfoot

Richard Faulkner wrote:
This stuff is advertised on TV late at night, and I wonder if anyone
has used it, and does it do what they say (hard to believe).

I've tried Vanish on some carpet stains, and it doesnt work.

No, it doesn't work any better than any other cleaner.

Si - Conned by QVC

Owain

Richard Faulkner wrote:
This stuff is advertised on TV late at night, and I wonder if anyone has
used it, and does it do what they say (hard to believe).
I've tried Vanish on some carpet stains, and it doesnt work.

I've tried the foam you get for a pound in pound shops. It does nothing
on its own but if you spray it on the carpet followed by a kettleful of
hot water and then foam that up with a dishbrush, then squeegee the foam
out of the carpet with the scraper end of the dishbrush, it's quite
effective on some things, but not alas brown shoepolish on a cream carpet.

Owain

simon beer

"Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot" wrote in message
news
Richard Faulkner wrote:
This stuff is advertised on TV late at night, and I wonder if anyone
has used it, and does it do what they say (hard to believe).

I've tried Vanish on some carpet stains, and it doesnt work.

No, it doesn't work any better than any other cleaner.

Si - Conned by QVC

no need to be conned by QVC, just send it back. Never had any probs with
them. Admittedly you got to pay for the postage.

Mungo \two sheds\ Toadfoot

Richard Faulkner wrote:
This stuff is advertised on TV late at night, and I wonder if anyone
has used it, and does it do what they say (hard to believe).

I've tried Vanish on some carpet stains, and it doesnt work.

No, it doesn't work any better than any other cleaner.

Si - Conned by QVC

no need to be conned by QVC, just send it back. Never had any probs
with them. Admittedly you got to pay for the postage.

This was ages ago - I didn't think about sending it back at the time because
we used most of it finding out it was no better than anything else on offer.

Vax shampoo is very good at removing old stains. I dare say it doesn't
actually have to be used with a Vax machine to be effective.

Si

RedOnRed

No, it doesn't work any better than any other cleaner.

Si - Conned by QVC

I've always wondered how effective that product is. The 30 minute advert
almost bores you into submitting to buying one.

Surely all those supposedly "real" users that endorse the product in the ad
aren't telling porkies?

Those Titanium knives also seem too good to be true and that bloke that's
always on with that glorified cheese grater thingey.

RedOnRed wrote:
No, it doesn't work any better than any other cleaner.

Si - Conned by QVC

I've always wondered how effective that product is. The 30 minute

advert
almost bores you into submitting to buying one.

Surely all those supposedly "real" users that endorse the product in

the ad
aren't telling porkies?

Those Titanium knives also seem too good to be true and that bloke

that's
always on with that glorified cheese grater thingey.

The knives are good but no better than the ones you can get from Ikea
or Argos etc.

As for all these cleaning products, they always use totally synthetic
clothes/carpets to test on so they look very good at removing stains.

It's all bog standard product just sold with some slicker marketing -
the kind they also use at exhibitions. Which brings me to my own sorry
tale - went to a home exhibition where one of the stalls was selling a
tile cutter with integral wire cutter and a drill attachment to drive
screws. Yep..I was impressed with the bull**** display and paid =A325 or
so for the 2 items - the stall holder stated they were both sold in
Wickes for twice the price. Well, they aren't sold in Wickes at all and
they're worth about =A315, absolute max, in the real world. Next
exhibition I see that company at I'm gonna heckle 'em!

RedOnRed

wrote in message
oups.com...

RedOnRed wrote:
No, it doesn't work any better than any other cleaner.

Si - Conned by QVC

I've always wondered how effective that product is. The 30 minute

advert
almost bores you into submitting to buying one.

Surely all those supposedly "real" users that endorse the product in

the ad
aren't telling porkies?

Those Titanium knives also seem too good to be true and that bloke

that's
always on with that glorified cheese grater thingey.

The knives are good but no better than the ones you can get from Ikea
or Argos etc.

That's good to know.

I've heard Shun knives are supposed to be the canines goolies. Although very
expensive.

Owain wrote:
Richard Faulkner wrote:
This stuff is advertised on TV late at night, and I wonder if

anyone has
used it, and does it do what they say (hard to believe).
I've tried Vanish on some carpet stains, and it doesnt work.

I've tried the foam you get for a pound in pound shops. It does

nothing
on its own but if you spray it on the carpet followed by a kettleful

of
hot water and then foam that up with a dishbrush, then squeegee the

foam
out of the carpet with the scraper end of the dishbrush, it's quite
effective on some things, but not alas brown shoepolish on a cream

carpet.

Owain

These are skills are predecessors had; try Mrs Beeton, she has a whole
range of carpet cleaning goodies to recommend and explain.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to Richard Faulkner, beez wrote:
It is (unprintable) BRILLIANT... can't get it anywhere any more... if you have
a source, please post it.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...od-172043-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

.. posted on April 19, 2005, 12:32 pm
Funny how these products change and go away.

Please folk. after such a time its probably best to start a new thread and
then quote from any post you are replying to.
Out here in the wild, we use an interface that tells us only what you
posted, not anything on the web site you posted from.
Brian
--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...