Simon

Default Seeking debris trap for drainage gully

Hello -

I'm looking for some kind of filter basket (aka debris trap) to put in a
gully (aka grid aka land-drain) to catch some of the larger gravel and
leaves and prevent the undergound pipes from getting clogged. There's a
delightful high resolution photo of it at
http://www.setters.demon.co.uk/lundycam/gully.jpg. My local builders'
merchant and plumbing centre couldn't help, and I haven't found anything
online.

Is there anywhere that I can buy such an item, or will I have to create some
kind of kitchen-sieve-with-legs?

Thanks

Dave Liquorice

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 16:42:20 +0100, Simon wrote:

I'm looking for some kind of filter basket (aka debris trap) to put
in a gully (aka grid aka land-drain) to catch some of the larger
gravel and leaves ...

erm take away the coke can? That grid should do what you want and be
easier to clear. If the pipes block that easy they have a more
fundemental fault like too little too much fall or there isn't a trap
underneath that grid.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Pete C

wrote:

Hello -

I'm looking for some kind of filter basket (aka debris trap) to put in a
gully (aka grid aka land-drain) to catch some of the larger gravel and
leaves and prevent the undergound pipes from getting clogged. There's a
delightful high resolution photo of it at
http://www.setters.demon.co.uk/lundycam/gully.jpg. My local builders'
merchant and plumbing centre couldn't help, and I haven't found anything
online.

Is there anywhere that I can buy such an item, or will I have to create some
kind of kitchen-sieve-with-legs?

Hi,

I've seen sheets of small gauge weldmesh (the same type used in
birdfeeders) at the local hardware shop for a few quid. A search on
Google should find a manufacturer, or I could have a look next time I
go there.

cheers,
Pete.