Epetruk

Default Wood filling

Hi,

I have a chipboard cupboard whose door has come loose off the hinges because
the chipboard has worn away at the point the screws go into the door. Is
there any way I can 'fill' this part of the door (that has been worn away)
with some sort of filling so that when I rescrew door to the hinge, it will
hold?

--
Akin

aknak at aksoto dot idps dot co dot uk

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Epetruk wrote:
I have a chipboard cupboard whose door has come loose off the hinges
because the chipboard has worn away at the point the screws go into the
door. Is there any way I can 'fill' this part of the door (that has been
worn away) with some sort of filling so that when I rescrew door to the
hinge, it will hold?

Resin car body filler. Something like Isopon from Halfords. They do a type
which sets quickly in sunlight (UV) - other ones are two part and have to
be mixed. Make sure you get all the dust and loose bits out.

Once set, it's easy to sand or file smooth, and will take a screw
directly, but drill a pilot hole first.

--
*Organized Crime Is Alive And Well; It's Called Auto Insurance.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Newshound

Resin car body filler. Something like Isopon from Halfords. They do a type
which sets quickly in sunlight (UV) - other ones are two part and have to
be mixed. Make sure you get all the dust and loose bits out.

Once set, it's easy to sand or file smooth, and will take a screw
directly, but drill a pilot hole first.

Yes, or araldite, which you might have already.

Vortex

"Epetruk" wrote in message
Hi,

I have a chipboard cupboard whose door has come loose off the hinges
because
the chipboard has worn away at the point the screws go into the door. Is
there any way I can 'fill' this part of the door (that has been worn away)
with some sort of filling so that when I rescrew door to the hinge, it
will
hold?

--
Akin

aknak at aksoto dot idps dot co dot uk

Pinkgrip

http://tinyurl.com/5pwv6

David

The Natural Philosopher

Newshound wrote:

Resin car body filler. Something like Isopon from Halfords. They do a type
which sets quickly in sunlight (UV) - other ones are two part and have to
be mixed. Make sure you get all the dust and loose bits out.

Once set, it's easy to sand or file smooth, and will take a screw
directly, but drill a pilot hole first.

Yes, or araldite, which you might have already.

Araldite less good unless some filler put in.

David McNeish

In article ,
says...

Pinkgrip

http://tinyurl.com/5pwv6

With "Enhanced Slump Resistance", apparently.

We could all do with some of that from time to time.

David