tom patton

Default Information on d-i-y zinc roof

Hi all.
The architect has specified a zinc roof on my bungalow extension.It has a
6.1m square base and is pyramid form 15 degree angle-must get my trig tables
out-.
The spec for the zinc is upstand tray type 600mm wide.
I take it this is basically a lego job the skill being in cutting the angles
on the tray ends?.
How do the trays join together-clip over joining profiles?
How do they join at the "ridge"?.
Painfull one this-how do you get a point a the pyramid apex.
Why are they laid on 25mm boards with 5mm gaps-anchors?.
Where do I get the zinc bits-my builders supply merchants-all 3 cannot get
them.

The Natural Philosopher

tom patton wrote:

Hi all.
The architect has specified a zinc roof on my bungalow extension.It has a
6.1m square base and is pyramid form 15 degree angle-must get my trig tables
out-.
The spec for the zinc is upstand tray type 600mm wide.
I take it this is basically a lego job the skill being in cutting the angles
on the tray ends?.
How do the trays join together-clip over joining profiles?
How do they join at the "ridge"?.
Painfull one this-how do you get a point a the pyramid apex.
Why are they laid on 25mm boards with 5mm gaps-anchors?.
Where do I get the zinc bits-my builders supply merchants-all 3 cannot get
them.

Sounds like a cut, bend and solder job to me...
tom patton

No its not a cut and solder job- these days are long gone--unless you own a
100 year old property.
The modern metal roof requires an absolute minimum of effort to
erect-but-its got fiddly bits in it eg steel panel roofs are held on by J
bolts on the upstand ridge-put the bolt on the flat-leak-J bolt should have
rubber gromet on it-no gromet-leaks again-these roofs go on fast but the
detailing is vital for a leak free roof.
tom patton wrote:

Hi all.
The architect has specified a zinc roof on my bungalow extension.It has

6.1m square base and is pyramid form 15 degree angle-must get my trig

tables
out-.
The spec for the zinc is upstand tray type 600mm wide.
I take it this is basically a lego job the skill being in cutting the

angles
on the tray ends?.
How do the trays join together-clip over joining profiles?
How do they join at the "ridge"?.
Painfull one this-how do you get a point a the pyramid apex.
Why are they laid on 25mm boards with 5mm gaps-anchors?.
Where do I get the zinc bits-my builders supply merchants-all 3 cannot

get
them.

Sounds like a cut, bend and solder job to me...

Spray in foam insulation + minimum roof slope? Albert Home Repair 13 November 9th 04 06:53 PM
Get a New Roof But Don't Add Any Ventilation? Jay Chan Home Repair 12 March 30th 04 05:16 PM
FLAT ROOF - modern recovering methods? Richard Sterry UK diy 10 March 29th 04 10:28 AM
Pitch and gravel roof? Terry UK diy 3 February 25th 04 02:43 PM
Pitch and gravel roof? Terry Home Repair 3 February 25th 04 02:43 PM