DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Cutting soil pipe (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/102130-cutting-soil-pipe.html)

lagerboy69 April 9th 05 05:12 PM

Cutting soil pipe

Does anyone know of a good method to cut into an existing soil pipe in a boxing as I cannot find any saw to fit in the space to cut it. only a hacksaw blade on its own in my hand works at the moment but this takes ages. any good ways of cutting into it while its in position??

mrcheerful April 9th 05 07:56 PM

"lagerboy69" wrote in message

Does anyone know of a good method to cut into an existing soil pipe in a
boxing as I cannot find any saw to fit in the space to cut it. only a
hacksaw blade on its own in my hand works at the moment but this takes
ages. any good ways of cutting into it while its in position??

a stab saw, such as a pfz550

or a hand held pad saw

mrcheerful

Rob Morley April 10th 05 07:53 AM

In article , "lagerboy69"
says...

Does anyone know of a good method to cut into an existing soil pipe in a
boxing as I cannot find any saw to fit in the space to cut it. only a
hacksaw blade on its own in my hand works at the moment but this takes
ages. any good ways of cutting into it while its in position??

Someone pointed out a few weeks ago that if you cut a window in the
front with a small angle grinder

| |
| |
| _________ |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| |
| |
| |

then you can cut the rest from the inside.