wounded horse

Default Built in wardrobes

We need more clothes storage space in our bedroom and after looking at free
standing wardrobes, both new and ebay, have decided to check out built in,
as I want to go full height to the ceiling to give even more space. Is there
anywhere I can obtain plans for aforementioned with a view to doing this
myself? I'm fairly handy with most things and like most on this group, I'm
looking for the best mix of quality at the least outlay - hence I fancy
having a go. The way I see it, it's a frame with doors attached. Are there
any firms doing materials to address this need?

Thanks

Al Reynolds

"wounded horse" wrote in message
Are there any firms doing materials to address this need?

Wickes have a guide leaflet and suitable components.
Al

Lobster

wounded horse wrote:
We need more clothes storage space in our bedroom and after looking at free
standing wardrobes, both new and ebay, have decided to check out built in,

Simplest way is probably to buy floor-ceiling sliding doors... go check
out the Stanley range, available in Focus/B&Q etc - they have a leaflet
on the shelf describing the process, and include all the bits and pieces
you need. Pretty straightforward.

David

wounded horse wrote:
We need more clothes storage space in our bedroom and after looking

at free
standing wardrobes, both new and ebay, have decided to check out

built in,
as I want to go full height to the ceiling to give even more space.

Is there
anywhere I can obtain plans for aforementioned with a view to doing

this
myself? I'm fairly handy with most things and like most on this

group, I'm
looking for the best mix of quality at the least outlay - hence I

fancy
having a go. The way I see it, it's a frame with doors attached.

Are there
any firms doing materials to address this need?

Thanks

1. decide on style and materials
2. design it
3. go get the stuff
4. build it

Lets start with 1.......?

NT

chris French

In message , Al Reynolds
writes

"wounded horse" wrote in message
Are there any firms doing materials to address this need?

Wickes have a guide leaflet and suitable components.

available on line normally as well

--
Chris French, Leeds

andrewpreece

"chris French" wrote in message
In message , Al Reynolds
writes

"wounded horse" wrote in message
Are there any firms doing materials to address this need?

Wickes have a guide leaflet and suitable components.

available on line normally as well

--
Chris French, Leeds

I costed up a self-designed one, about 6'6" by 6'6" and it came to about
£200.
It would be cheaper if you used white melamine and stuff, but I was assuming
using decently faced blockboard, louvre doors, wooden mouldings etc.

Andy.