Andrew Gabriel

Default Hilka safe combination?

In article ,
"BigWallop" writes:

"The Old Fogey" wrote in message
om...
Someone just changed the battery in a Hilka safe from Argos.
Does anyone know the default combination? :-(

Roger.

I think they usually default to just four combinations:

9999

1111

1234

5678

But don't just try these and give up, it will be something silly like 6789
or 0123, so keep trying. :-))

Most electronic systems will have measures to defeat such probing.
Typically after two or three wrong codes, some timer will be invoked
during which all codes will be considered wrong, and each further
wrong code entered will double the timeout. Might be even worse in
that after so many wrong codes, no code will ever open it, like the
PIN numbers for SIM cards and cash cards and some car radios.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Brownie

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message

Most electronic systems will have measures to defeat such probing.
Typically after two or three wrong codes, some timer will be invoked
during which all codes will be considered wrong, and each further
wrong code entered will double the timeout. Might be even worse in
that after so many wrong codes, no code will ever open it, like the
PIN numbers for SIM cards and cash cards and some car radios.

Maybe 'The Old Fogey' will be posting for any angle grinder recommendations
next! :-)

Old Fart at Play

Brownie wrote:

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message

Most electronic systems will have measures to defeat such probing.
Typically after two or three wrong codes, some timer will be invoked
during which all codes will be considered wrong, and each further
wrong code entered will double the timeout. Might be even worse in
that after so many wrong codes, no code will ever open it, like the
PIN numbers for SIM cards and cash cards and some car radios.

Maybe 'The Old Fogey' will be posting for any angle grinder recommendations
next! :-)

No. SWMBO found the key, which bypasses the electronics, so we're OK.
And if any burglars know the default combination, I have taken out the
new batteries until we find the instructions. :-)

Roger.

Andy Milner

I've got the same one

Instructions say when you change batts, to reset code press little red
button inside door and reprogram your code, Jobs a good un

"The Old Fogey" wrote in message
om...
Someone just changed the battery in a Hilka safe from Argos.
Does anyone know the default combination? :-(

Roger.

Old Fart at Play

Iain Gordon wrote:

Roger,
I don't know if this safe is the same as my Kingavon one, but if it is you
set the code by:
1. open door with key
2. hold in reset button until safe bleeps twice and orange LED lights
3. Enter code (3 to 8 numbers)
4. Press the "A" button.
5. The safe will bleep twice
Your code is now set.
Hope this helps,

Yes.

Thanks.

Roger.

Junior Member

All,

I have recently come into posession of a hilka safe. I followed the explanation on how to reset the combination okay, but as I lack the instruction manual I cannot work out how to actually lock my Hilka safe.

Nothing I do seems to actually lock it.

Can you help?

Rookie.
BigWallop

"DIYrookie" wrote in message
news

All,

I have recently come into posession of a hilka safe. I followed the
explanation on how to reset the combination okay, but as I lack the
instruction manual I cannot work out how to actually lock my Hilka
safe.

Nothing I do seems to actually lock it.

Can you help?

Rookie.

A web search should bring up the .pdf user instructions for this.

Uno Hoo!

"BigWallop" wrote in message
. uk...

"DIYrookie" wrote in message
news

All,

I have recently come into posession of a hilka safe. I followed the
explanation on how to reset the combination okay, but as I lack the
instruction manual I cannot work out how to actually lock my Hilka
safe.

Nothing I do seems to actually lock it.

Can you help?

I have a Hilka electronic combination safe, and to lock it you just shut the
door and turn the handle. Bingo - it's locked. You then have to enter the
combination in order to be able to turn the handle to unlock it.

Kev

OT - Domestic Safe Sanj UK diy 9 July 11th 03 05:29 PM
Combination Boilers David Tate UK diy 3 July 8th 03 09:14 AM