Robert

Default Fountain

Thinking of installing a fountain in the back garden to listen to the water
cascading down the rocks. Thought I might fancy installing a pump that you
can programme to give varying jet heights. Anyone come across one if so
where.

Many thanks

BigWallop

"Robert" wrote in message
Thinking of installing a fountain in the back garden to listen to the

water
cascading down the rocks. Thought I might fancy installing a pump that

you
can programme to give varying jet heights. Anyone come across one if so
where.

Many thanks

http://www.oak-barrel.com/

---
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

relaxingdecor.com

Absoluty! The more complicated the system is the simpler you are to
regret what you did. Water ultimately finishes everything off
especially electronic gidgets. There are many ways to make a fountain
call for attention. The best in my opinion are waterfalls as you
described. By pooling and good diversion you can make spectacular
oasis just use a good flowing pump thats all you need.

Peter Gonzalez -- www.relaxingdecor.com

Andy Dingley wrote in message . ..
On Fri, 8 Aug 2003 21:51:22 +0100, "Robert"
wrote:

Thinking of installing a fountain in the back garden to listen to the water
cascading down the rocks. Thought I might fancy installing a pump that you
can programme to give varying jet heights.

rec.ponds is a good ng

Every pond I know with a complicated fountain has switched it back to
a simple cascade before too long. They're just annoying, especially in
a small garden.

IMHE, fountain jets should also be powered by a pump with a separate
filter. You need a "breadbin" filter to clean a large pond anyway, but
although the small pumps with built-in sponge filters are OK to drive
a cascade, they let too much curd through for a fountain jet not to
block up quickly.

If you go crazy for this, use a single and simple pump, and a manifold
of solenoid valves to separate nozzles. Although there have been pumps
that had built in variable jets, they tended to suffer controller and
jet failures long before the pump was worn out.