N & M Collins

Default Sansui AU-6500

Looking for a schematic for a Sansui AU-6500 Stereo Amplifier.

Resistor badly burnt and cannot identify value.

Thanks,

N. C.

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 16:38:14 GMT, "N & M Collins"
wrote:

Looking for a schematic for a Sansui AU-6500 Stereo Amplifier.

Resistor badly burnt and cannot identify value.

Thanks,

N. C.

I take it there isn't a similar one in the other channel ?

Mark D. Zacharias

wrote:

Looking for a schematic for a Sansui AU-6500 Stereo Amplifier.

Resistor badly burnt and cannot identify value.

Thanks,

N. C.

I take it there isn't a similar one in the other channel ?

Or perhaps the resistor in question is in the power supply or protection
circuit?

Mark Z.

N. C.

Yes, it appears to be part of the power supply, possibly for the preamp
section.. First two bands are Brown, Black, multiplier band is missing.
Resistor is identifed as R004 on the board.

N. C.

wrote:

Looking for a schematic for a Sansui AU-6500 Stereo Amplifier.

Resistor badly burnt and cannot identify value.

Thanks,

N. C.

I take it there isn't a similar one in the other channel ?

Or perhaps the resistor in question is in the power supply or protection
circuit?

Mark Z.

Mark D. Zacharias

"N. C." wrote in message
Yes, it appears to be part of the power supply, possibly for the preamp
section.. First two bands are Brown, Black, multiplier band is missing.
Resistor is identifed as R004 on the board.

N. C.

With voltages in an audio amp being relatively lower, I would start with a
10 ohm, and be ready to watch it smoke again. Something is shorted, after
all. Once you've determined the cause of the failure, deciding on an
appropriate replacement resistor shouldn't be too difficult.

Mark Z.