Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Finger Tip Nut Wrench?

Long ago, I had one or two stamped sheet metal "wrenches" that fit on
your finger tip. They looked like a metal guitar pick, but with a small
hex hole punched in the tip. This allowed holding small nuts from
turning when assembling things. I think they might have come as an
assembly aid for some sort of a toy or electronics kit.

I have a bunch of stuff that I will need to assemble with 0-80 nuts, and
thought one of these would be handy. I don't recall if they went down as
small as 5/32" (which is the size of the 0-80 nuts).

However, I can't find ANY info that such a thing ever existed. There is
a multisize 3D printed plastic version that might do the trick, but I
was very surprised I couldn't find any mention of the original metal
ones.

Does anyone remember these or have any info on them?

Just curious as to whether I imagined the whole thing...

Thanks!

Doug White