Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Where can I get a flat belt for my milling machine, in the UK

I am rebuilding a Taylor milling machine, and need 2 flat belts.
Does anyone know of a suitable supplier please?

--
posted from
http://www.polytechforum.com/metalwo...-u-595188-.htm

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Stackerjack fired this
volley in roups.com:

I am rebuilding a Taylor milling machine, and need 2 flat belts.
Does anyone know of a suitable supplier please?

McMaster-Carr (don't know if they sell in the UK) carries both old-style
solid leather and nylon-laminated leather belting, as well as the
"Alligator" lacing and pins you'll need to splice them.

LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Stackerjack"
wrote in message
roups.com...
I am rebuilding a Taylor milling machine, and need 2 flat belts.
Does anyone know of a suitable supplier please?

Ask on uk.rec.models.engineering.
jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 7 Apr 2014 11:17:33 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Stackerjack"
wrote in message
groups.com...
I am rebuilding a Taylor milling machine, and need 2 flat belts.
Does anyone know of a suitable supplier please?

Ask on uk.rec.models.engineering.
jsw

Or, depending upon your waist measurement, you could look to your
midsection and investigate what holds your trousers up. Skived splices
have been known to hold up well in leather belting.
---

Gerry :-)}
London,Canada

Flat belt mechanics N_Cook Electronics Repair 10 November 18th 11 10:18 AM
What width flat belt should I use? Aaron Kushner Metalworking 9 January 9th 05 03:03 PM
Flat Belt Drives [email protected] Metalworking 18 December 10th 04 04:33 PM
Milling flat stock Fo Metalworking 2 April 3rd 04 02:54 PM
Atlas MFC Milling Machine belt BW Metalworking 2 August 9th 03 06:19 PM