Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Nuclear auction...

It seems that a nuke plant has a really nicely equipped machine shop:

http://www.mriauctions.com/auction-n...ating-station/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 26 Mar 2014 13:00:13 -0500, "Pete C."
wrote:

It seems that a nuke plant has a really nicely equipped machine shop:

http://www.mriauctions.com/auction-n...ating-station/

With a near unlimited budget to stock it, would you think any
different? I wouldn't doubt that the vast majority of the first unit
was built entirely on-site, either.

SONGS was the nuke plant 20 miles WNW of me when I lived in Vista.
My friend and I were discussing the shutdown a week ago and both of us
thought it would be fitting to paint the domes like well-tanned pair
of breasts and add a "Welcome to California" sign visible from the
air. What do you think?

I want that 24" disc sander, BTW.

--
The most decisive actions of our life - I mean those that are most
likely to decide the whole course of our future - are, more often
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

It seems that a nuke plant has a really nicely equipped machine shop:

http://www.mriauctions.com/auction-n...ating-station/

With a near unlimited budget to stock it, would you think any
different? I wouldn't doubt that the vast majority of the first unit
was built entirely on-site, either.

SONGS was the nuke plant 20 miles WNW of me when I lived in Vista.
My friend and I were discussing the shutdown a week ago and both of us
thought it would be fitting to paint the domes like well-tanned pair
of breasts and add a "Welcome to California" sign visible from the
air. What do you think?

I want that 24" disc sander, BTW.

I looked at about a dozen different photos, machine tools and
inspection equipment. They all show signs of being used a lot. So I
imagine that the plant saved a lot of money making repairs in house,
not to mention all the time consuming paperwork that must be involved
making parts for a nuclear plant. It looks like they needed those
machines.
Eric

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

It seems that a nuke plant has a really nicely equipped machine shop:

http://www.mriauctions.com/auction-n...ating-station/

A $10.00 handling and loading fee on a micrometer! check lots 4000
and on.

Remove 333 to reply.
Randy

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

It seems that a nuke plant has a really nicely equipped machine shop:

http://www.mriauctions.com/auction-n...ating-station/

With a near unlimited budget to stock it, would you think any
different? I wouldn't doubt that the vast majority of the first unit
was built entirely on-site, either.

SONGS was the nuke plant 20 miles WNW of me when I lived in Vista.
My friend and I were discussing the shutdown a week ago and both of us
thought it would be fitting to paint the domes like well-tanned pair
of breasts and add a "Welcome to California" sign visible from the
air. What do you think?

I want that 24" disc sander, BTW.

Want a 24" Double disk sander?

April 10th is the auction for Gertler Industries. Where Ive been
rebuilding machines for the past 3 + weeks.

http://auctionhq.com/event/gertler/

Gunner

--

"
I was once told by a “gun safety” advocate back in the Nineties

I began to give him a reasoned answer and he
cut me off with an abrupt, “Give me the short answer.”

I thought for a moment and said, “If you try to take our firearms we will kill you.”"

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

It seems that a nuke plant has a really nicely equipped machine shop:

http://www.mriauctions.com/auction-n...ating-station/

With a near unlimited budget to stock it, would you think any
different? I wouldn't doubt that the vast majority of the first unit
was built entirely on-site, either.

SONGS was the nuke plant 20 miles WNW of me when I lived in Vista.
My friend and I were discussing the shutdown a week ago and both of us
thought it would be fitting to paint the domes like well-tanned pair
of breasts and add a "Welcome to California" sign visible from the
air. What do you think?

I want that 24" disc sander, BTW.

Want a 24" Double disk sander?

April 10th is the auction for Gertler Industries. Where Ive been
rebuilding machines for the past 3 + weeks.

http://auctionhq.com/event/gertler/

Gunner

Another California company going out of business?
--
Cheers,

John B.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wow! Opposing or tandem? /aw****nevermindIcan'tafforditanyway

April 10th is the auction for Gertler Industries. Where Ive been
rebuilding machines for the past 3 + weeks.

http://auctionhq.com/event/gertler/

I wish. So, you're working again? nudge

--
I would be the most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people
who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Ive earned about $6000 in the past 3 week.

Ive received $900. Which covered some of my bills for this month..but
not all.

WIth luck, Ill get a bit more of it this coming week. With luck.

Im hoping I dont have to wait for the auction receipts to be cashed
before I get the rest of my money.

With $6000 on the books..I shouldnt have to borrow gas money go go
south Tuesday. But I did have to do just that earlier today.

Ive also sent out 35 resumes for local companies, most of whom are oil
field related. Ive had one interview with a large well known company,
vis a viz taking over the maintainence department of a large prototype
and machining biz for a oil related firm. So far..Im in the lead. I
was told it pays $57k-$74k + a year, depending on experience. I was
also told I should be in the top pay range, based on experience. The
shop is 42 miles one way from my front door, as opposed to 168 miles
one way of my current service area. So if I get it..I will be making
almost 300% more money and driving about the same miles per week.

Given my truck has (2) burned valves..Ill be able to afford to have it
refurbed, and will be able to get my big van tagged and back on the
road as a "hot spare"...and something I can use to tow the sailboats
to the lake with, without listening to the Ranger puking its guts out
trying to haul one to the lake.

When I get more money from this job, you are at the top of my To Do
List, I assure you. I take care of important stuff first..and you are
Very Important.

Ive got a markzit board up on my wall..listing the things I need to
address when the money comes in..and you are on the top of the list.

You will be receiving a box of Stuff that the UPS driver is going to
curse you for.

Gunner

--

"
I was once told by a “gun safety” advocate back in the Nineties
that he favored total civilian firearms confiscation.
Only the military and police should have weapons he averred and what did I think about that?

I began to give him a reasoned answer and he
cut me off with an abrupt, “Give me the short answer.”

I thought for a moment and said, “If you try to take our firearms we will kill you.”"

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

It seems that a nuke plant has a really nicely equipped machine shop:

http://www.mriauctions.com/auction-n...ating-station/

[ ... ]

I want that 24" disc sander, BTW.

Want a 24" Double disk sander?

April 10th is the auction for Gertler Industries. Where Ive been
rebuilding machines for the past 3 + weeks.

http://auctionhq.com/event/gertler/

I hope that this does not mean that another one of your clients
is having to shut down the shop thanks to financial situation. Just
getting rid of some of their older machines, I hope.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

It seems that a nuke plant has a really nicely equipped machine shop:

http://www.mriauctions.com/auction-n...ating-station/

[ ... ]

I want that 24" disc sander, BTW.

Want a 24" Double disk sander?

April 10th is the auction for Gertler Industries. Where Ive been
rebuilding machines for the past 3 + weeks.

http://auctionhq.com/event/gertler/

I hope that this does not mean that another one of your clients
is having to shut down the shop thanks to financial situation. Just
getting rid of some of their older machines, I hope.

Enjoy,
DoN.

Nope...50 years of continuous business is going down the toilet and on
the 10th..someone will flush it.

California is bleeding its manufacturing at an incredible rate.

Gertler was a very good company..and my largest. When they no longer
need me, Im screwed unless I find other work. So Gertler AND Coyote
Engineering (me) are shutting down

http://gertlerind.com/

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422.../ShopsIveBuilt

The owner has me rebuilding machinery to factory performance/accuracy
specs. They are virtually as good as the day they were put on the
shop floor. Im quite good at what I do.

I hope the auction makes a ****load of money..but Im not holding my
breath. It wont be because the machines are crap like so many others.

Gunner

--

"
I was once told by a “gun safety” advocate back in the Nineties
that he favored total civilian firearms confiscation.
Only the military and police should have weapons he averred and what did I think about that?

I began to give him a reasoned answer and he
cut me off with an abrupt, “Give me the short answer.”

I thought for a moment and said, “If you try to take our firearms we will kill you.”"

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Excellent!

Ive received $900. Which covered some of my bills for this month..but
not all.

Suckage.

WIth luck, Ill get a bit more of it this coming week. With luck.

Im hoping I dont have to wait for the auction receipts to be cashed
before I get the rest of my money.

That's for sure!

With $6000 on the books..I shouldnt have to borrow gas money go go
south Tuesday. But I did have to do just that earlier today.

Arrrrrgh!

Ive also sent out 35 resumes for local companies, most of whom are oil
field related. Ive had one interview with a large well known company,
vis a viz taking over the maintainence department of a large prototype
and machining biz for a oil related firm. So far..Im in the lead. I
was told it pays $57k-$74k + a year, depending on experience. I was
also told I should be in the top pay range, based on experience. The
shop is 42 miles one way from my front door, as opposed to 168 miles
one way of my current service area. So if I get it..I will be making
almost 300% more money and driving about the same miles per week.

Suckage on the mileage, but great pay. Appendages are crossed for
you. G'luck!

Given my truck has (2) burned valves..Ill be able to afford to have it
refurbed, and will be able to get my big van tagged and back on the
road as a "hot spare"...and something I can use to tow the sailboats

I4 or V6? I've forgotten. Why the hell don't you put a 302 in there?
vroom, vroom

to the lake with, without listening to the Ranger puking its guts out
trying to haul one to the lake.

When I get more money from this job, you are at the top of my To Do
List, I assure you. I take care of important stuff first..and you are
Very Important.

Danke.

Ive got a markzit board up on my wall..listing the things I need to
address when the money comes in..and you are on the top of the list.

Most excellent, sir.

You will be receiving a box of Stuff that the UPS driver is going to
curse you for.

I hope you don't put the files, the 2.5" hard drive, and the oscope
all into the same box... That would be one heavy bastid. g

--
I would be the most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people
who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves.
-- Anna Quindlen
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Nope..but the driver is still going to be cursing you/me.

Grin

--

"
I was once told by a “gun safety” advocate back in the Nineties
that he favored total civilian firearms confiscation.
Only the military and police should have weapons he averred and what did I think about that?

I began to give him a reasoned answer and he
cut me off with an abrupt, “Give me the short answer.”

I thought for a moment and said, “If you try to take our firearms we will kill you.”"

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 02 Apr 2014 20:10:29 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Gunner Asch on Sun, 30 Mar 2014 23:42:13 -0700

Nope...50 years of continuous business is going down the toilet and on
the 10th..someone will flush it.

California is bleeding its manufacturing at an incredible rate.

Gertler was a very good company..and my largest. When they no longer
need me, Im screwed unless I find other work. So Gertler AND Coyote
Engineering (me) are shutting down

http://gertlerind.com/

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422.../ShopsIveBuilt

The owner has me rebuilding machinery to factory performance/accuracy
specs. They are virtually as good as the day they were put on the
shop floor. Im quite good at what I do.

I hope the auction makes a ****load of money..but Im not holding my
breath. It wont be because the machines are crap like so many others.

But .. unfortunately, the bidders may not have any bigger pockets
this go round. Meaning, they;re going to bid like the machines are
crap anyway. Unless Gertler tapes the work orders/bills for your work
to the machines and says "This were just overhauled by Coyote
Engineering" and people know what that means.

Actually..thats exactly what they have done. I certified each
measurement, backlash in each axis, spindle runout, collet closer
runout etc etc. The lathe with the most backlash in any axis is .0004
in X..which means it will cut to .0002 at worst. Most are either
..00005-.0001

All measurements were done with the screws squeeky dry for maximum
play. Then they were loaded up properly with grease/oil and backlash
went to nada...zip, zero.

Certification sheets are to be placed on each machine with my
signiture on each and every one of them.

Ive busted my ass getting them back to mechanical "factory new" specs.

Sigh, good fortune to you all.
--
pyotr filipivich

"
I was once told by a “gun safety” advocate back in the Nineties
that he favored total civilian firearms confiscation.
Only the military and police should have weapons he averred and what did I think about that?

I began to give him a reasoned answer and he
cut me off with an abrupt, “Give me the short answer.”

I thought for a moment and said, “If you try to take our firearms we will kill you.”"
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
Ive got a markzit board up on my wall..listing the things I need to
address when the money comes in..and you are on the top of the list.

Most excellent, sir.

You will be receiving a box of Stuff that the UPS driver is going to
curse you for.

I hope you don't put the files, the 2.5" hard drive, and the oscope
all into the same box... That would be one heavy bastid. g

Nope..but the driver is still going to be cursing you/me.

Grin

That's OK. They're overpaid enough that I don't care. You?

--
I would be the most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people
who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves.
-- Anna Quindlen

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch on Tue, 01 Apr 2014 01:11:27 -0700
wrote:

[...]

I figured it was something like that. Good for you, and Gertler.
And good luck for both of you.
--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Your new employer will be lucky to have you and your wisdom and
experience! Good luck!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Looks like our boy is doin' OK for a change!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 02 Apr 2014 18:36:51 -0400, Tom Gardner Mars@Tacks wrote:

On 3/31/2014 12:21 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:

--some snippage--
Your new employer will be lucky to have you and your wisdom and
experience! Good luck!

I forgot to mention to Gunner to let Gertler know that it's OK to use
his praise (and boasting) in literature to sell product. It should
help people make up their minds to buy Gertler instead of someone
else's refurbs, like Uncle Al's Spray-can Refurb & Noodle Factory.

--
I would be the most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people
who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves.
-- Anna Quindlen

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I will be..when they pay me. However..that was the end of my single
biggest customer. So Ill be closing the doors and finding something
local.

Gunner

--

"
I was once told by a “gun safety” advocate back in the Nineties
that he favored total civilian firearms confiscation.
Only the military and police should have weapons he averred and what did I think about that?

I began to give him a reasoned answer and he
cut me off with an abrupt, “Give me the short answer.”

I thought for a moment and said, “If you try to take our firearms we will kill you.”"

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 04/04/2014 10:38 AM, Tom Gardner wrote:

The only thing better than hearing about a bud getting a new toy is getting one
for myself! I just got a 16" 3.5hp electric chainsaw. It;ll never cut wood,
it's for a dream project...I'll let you know the outcome after I get a patent!

Ultimate electric toothbrush?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 06 Apr 2014 14:21:13 -0500, Robert Nichols
wrote:

On 04/04/2014 10:38 AM, Tom Gardner wrote:

The only thing better than hearing about a bud getting a new toy is getting one
for myself! I just got a 16" 3.5hp electric chainsaw. It;ll never cut wood,
it's for a dream project...I'll let you know the outcome after I get a patent!

Ultimate electric toothbrush?

Sphincter contraction noted.

--
No greater wrong can ever be done than to put a good man at the mercy
of a bad, while telling him not to defend himself or his fellows;
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Are the Okumas any good?

John
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Gertlers or Okumas in general? Gertlers are 35+ yrs old, but still
cut well enough. Okumas in general are beasts and as shown..will cut
accurately for generations..literally.

Here is a link to the auction..and it will be online as well

http://auctionhq.com/event/gertler/

some photos..poorly done

http://tauberaronsinc.com/events/cnc...sion-job-shop/

and a series of photos I took of some of Gertlers suites after doing
a complete setup 6 yrs ago. They gave me 3 empty buildings and told me
what they needed to stuff in them..and how they wanted work to flow
from machine to machine.

Nuclear Power DerbyBorn[_4_] UK diy 14 October 25th 13 05:56 PM
OT New Nuclear harry UK diy 58 March 8th 13 12:14 PM
Nuclear NIMBYs? harry UK diy 15 February 22nd 13 10:05 AM
If you have a closet full of clothes that you would like to sell,consider using an online auction site or consignment store to sell them tointerested consumers. Online auction sites will sell your used clothes to thehighest bidder and will require yo [email protected] UK diy 0 April 19th 08 11:30 AM
New free auction website to auction off your work. Lenny C Woodworking 1 March 7th 06 01:46 AM