Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 25' Capri sailboat on ebay..currently at $510 with 1.5 days to go

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1981-Capri-2.../171254051694?

--

"
I was once told by a “gun safety” advocate back in the Nineties

I began to give him a reasoned answer and he
cut me off with an abrupt, “Give me the short answer.”

I thought for a moment and said, “If you try to take our firearms we will kill you.”"

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Is this now the rec.boats.fs forum?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/8/2014 12:16 PM, wrote:
Is this now the rec.boats.fs forum?

Is he still doing that?

Gunner, give it a rest...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Saturday, March 8, 2014 10:16:41 AM UTC-8, wrote:
Is this now the rec.boats.fs forum?

I suspect Mark Wieber also posts as Ray Keller.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/8/2014 12:51 PM, jon_banquer wrote:
On Saturday, March 8, 2014 10:16:41 AM UTC-8, wrote:
Is this now the rec.boats.fs forum?

I suspect Mark Wieber also posts as Ray Keller.

Wouldn't surprise me.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 08 Mar 2014 18:27:11 -0600, Richard
wrote:

On 3/8/2014 12:51 PM, jon_banquer wrote:
On Saturday, March 8, 2014 10:16:41 AM UTC-8, wrote:
Is this now the rec.boats.fs forum?

I suspect Mark Wieber also posts as Ray Keller.

Wouldn't surprise me.

You really are that stupid?

Pity.

Gunner

--

"
I was once told by a “gun safety” advocate back in the Nineties
that he favored total civilian firearms confiscation.
Only the military and police should have weapons he averred and what did I think about that?

I began to give him a reasoned answer and he
cut me off with an abrupt, “Give me the short answer.”

I thought for a moment and said, “If you try to take our firearms we will kill you.”"

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 3/8/2014 12:51 PM, jon_banquer wrote:

On Saturday, March 8, 2014 10:16:41 AM UTC-8, wrote:

Is this now the rec.boats.fs forum?

I suspect Mark Wieber also posts as Ray Keller.

Wouldn't surprise me.

You really are that stupid?

Pity.

Gunner

--

"

I was once told by a “gun safety” advocate back in the Nineties

that he favored total civilian firearms confiscation.

Only the military and police should have weapons he averred and what did I think about that?

I began to give him a reasoned answer and he

cut me off with an abrupt, “Give me the short answer.”

I thought for a moment and said, “If you try to take our firearms we will kill you.”"

---

I think you post as Ray Keller.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 09 Mar 2014 09:59:37 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Sat, 08 Mar 2014 12:16:41 -0600, wrote:

Is this now the rec.boats.fs forum?

What..you bitching about (1) off topic post?

What...you got your nose up Richards ass?

I thought for a moment and said, “If you try to take our firearms we will kill you.”"

But little by little they are taking your guns.... and you aren't
killing them.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Is this now the rec.boats.fs forum?

What..you bitching about (1) off topic post?

Err, seems like there have been a dozen or more or over the past month
or two. Seriously, why make all these "boat FS" posts here? There
don't seem to be any people interested in the subject, so I'm curious
why you bother to find the ads all over the country and then feel
compelled to post links to them here.

Mike

There have been (5) in total. So perhaps your "****y Constant" needs
recalibration?

As for why I do it..one of our illustrious members was looking for a
Capri sailboat between 18-25' long. They are moderately rare in the
grand scheme of things so as I provide references for the 5 or so
Yahoo groups I am involved in, I occasionally run into those boats
when posting ads for the readers.....

The first group has over 1100 current members..the other is around
80ish or so..but its a very new group and as people find out about
it..I average 4-8 new members per week.

Now so far..Ive located about 8 of those Capris. Richard has
indicated they were "very expensive" and "Superlative" when discussing
them and mentioned that is what he will be buying next..while
disparaging any other boats..including all of mine specifically.

So..I post them so he can put his money where his mouth is, in a
helpful effort to match him up with his Superlative and Very Expensive
Dream Boat, in a spirit of friendship and kindliness.

Now given that they are moderately rare as he himself admits...finding
one, a block over from his residence has been a joyless task.
However..given that they are Superlative and Very Expensive boats,
superior to all others of the same size range (including my 5 hulls
)..it would seem to me that if one has a desire for said boat..and its
rarity...it would not be unexpected for one to travel some distance to
obtain one. After all..if one wanted boisenberries..one would not
expect to find one in say...Houston Texas, and would have to order
some and have it shipped or physically go and harvest them oneself.

After receiving much demurrage and scoffing from Richard, over the
lack of desirablity of my little boats..., I posted those 5
Craigslist boats in a friendly effort that he might find one
acceptable to his needs, with a strong sense of fellowship between
recreational sailors, nothing more, nothing less.

I should mention that boats are occasionally discussed here, in the
context of repair and in fact..there are few boats that do not need
some minor or major fixing upping.

My first such project this past year..

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...602/Ensenada20

I had it out 2 so far..the last time being last weekend, to see if the
corrections I made after the first visit were satisfactory (and they
were indeed)

My current project this year (among other non boat related projects)

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...2602/Venture24

A project for a later time..or for anyone who wishes it for free

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...02/Ensenada202

Other similar projects Ive completed:
https://picasaweb.google.com/104042282269066802602/FJ1

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...66802602/FJ202

Now was there any further questions about an obviously on topic
subject, though a periferal one?

Gunner, who this weekend is machining cabinet standoffs for securing a
nice cherry gear cabinet in the Venture 2-24, and machining and
welding up a 309 SS swing out fixture to hold a fishfinder and
Magellan Nav 5000 GPS he found very very cheaply on the net.....among
other tasks. The swing out fixture is designed to be able to open the
cabin main hatch...swing out and lock the fishfinder and GPS and when
done..unlock and simply swing it back into the cabin for security and
protection from the elements, before closing and locking the hantch(s)

--

"
I was once told by a “gun safety” advocate back in the Nineties
that he favored total civilian firearms confiscation.
Only the military and police should have weapons he averred and what did I think about that?

I began to give him a reasoned answer and he
cut me off with an abrupt, “Give me the short answer.”

I thought for a moment and said, “If you try to take our firearms we will kill you.”"

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Is this now the rec.boats.fs forum?
What..you bitching about (1) off topic post?
Err, seems like there have been a dozen or more or over the past month
or two. Seriously, why make all these "boat FS" posts here? There
don't seem to be any people interested in the subject, so I'm curious
why you bother to find the ads all over the country and then feel
compelled to post links to them here.

He's just a leeeeeetle bit OCD when it comes to playing with Lamby.

He's just playing with himself...

So Richard..get your Capri yet?

VBG

--

"
I was once told by a “gun safety” advocate back in the Nineties
that he favored total civilian firearms confiscation.
Only the military and police should have weapons he averred and what did I think about that?

I began to give him a reasoned answer and he
cut me off with an abrupt, “Give me the short answer.”

I thought for a moment and said, “If you try to take our firearms we will kill you.”"

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Is this now the rec.boats.fs forum?

What..you bitching about (1) off topic post?

Err, seems like there have been a dozen or more or over the past month
or two. Seriously, why make all these "boat FS" posts here? There
don't seem to be any people interested in the subject, so I'm curious
why you bother to find the ads all over the country and then feel
compelled to post links to them here.

He's just a leeeeeetle bit OCD when it comes to playing with Lamby.

Really? Finding a Rare and Superlative craft while doing my weekly
postings to the two groups I listed (finished about an hour ago
btw....is OTC?

Then all the Salvation Army bell ringers are also OCD? Afterall..they
ultimately perform services for people who are...humm..say...tarded?

--

"
I was once told by a “gun safety” advocate back in the Nineties
that he favored total civilian firearms confiscation.
Only the military and police should have weapons he averred and what did I think about that?

I began to give him a reasoned answer and he
cut me off with an abrupt, “Give me the short answer.”

I thought for a moment and said, “If you try to take our firearms we will kill you.”"

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Bottom Line:

Wieber lied and got caught lying... AGAIN!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Is this now the rec.boats.fs forum?

What..you bitching about (1) off topic post?

Err, seems like there have been a dozen or more or over the past month
or two. Seriously, why make all these "boat FS" posts here? There
don't seem to be any people interested in the subject, so I'm curious
why you bother to find the ads all over the country and then feel
compelled to post links to them here.

He's just a leeeeeetle bit OCD when it comes to playing with Lamby.

Really? Finding a Rare and Superlative craft while doing my weekly
postings to the two groups I listed (finished about an hour ago
btw....is OTC?

REALLY over the counter, dude. g I meant that normal (Abby) people
would have given him a couple leads and walked away. You hammer 'em
at him for months. Just sayin...

Then all the Salvation Army bell ringers are also OCD? Afterall..they
ultimately perform services for people who are...humm..say...tarded?

Bell ringers are a breed apart. A sad and sado/masochistic breed.

--
Creativity can solve almost any problem. The creative act,
the defeat of habit by originality, overcomes everything.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Is this now the rec.boats.fs forum?

What..you bitching about (1) off topic post?

Err, seems like there have been a dozen or more or over the past month
or two. Seriously, why make all these "boat FS" posts here? There
don't seem to be any people interested in the subject, so I'm curious
why you bother to find the ads all over the country and then feel
compelled to post links to them here.

He's just a leeeeeetle bit OCD when it comes to playing with Lamby.

Really? Finding a Rare and Superlative craft while doing my weekly
postings to the two groups I listed (finished about an hour ago
btw....is OTC?

REALLY over the counter, dude. g I meant that normal (Abby) people
would have given him a couple leads and walked away. You hammer 'em
at him for months. Just sayin...

Hammer? Posting ads for exactly what he is looking for is doing him a
disservice? And they tend to show up weeks and months apart.
Afterall..they are Rare and Superlative. (Grin)

When was the previous time I post one? 3 weeks prior to that most
recent ad? Hardly Hammering. And Ive avoided posting several I knew
were way too expensive, including 2 at $14k (way the **** overpriced
btw)

I don't hunt them down and stick them in his face. I find them when
posting ads on the several sailboat groups I supply with ads..at their
request and with much acclaim.

From last night..after a 5 hour search...

"New ads are (finally) up for this weekend:

I just posted a rather large number of boats and gear on :
with a fair number of free boats as well as some astounding deals

Hope you find something you need.
Gunner"

So Im hardly targeting the gentleman. Just providing what he was
wanting to buy, in the course of my other duties.

Simple, no?

Feel free to join the group(s) and review my postings, you can bail
out at any time. As you will note...Im hardly searching the net just
for boats to "stick in his face"...not with over 1500 posts of ads,
in the past 1.5 months alone...done on average..2x a week. With very
few boats duplicated.

Most serious amature sailboat guys (and gals) tend to stumble over
deals and own at least (2) sailboats...others have as many as 20.

Im well down the list with a waterline length of 143 feet (waterline
length of all your currently owned boats added together)

I think the Grand Master currently has almost 350 feet of
boats...including a couple inflatables. Shrug
It an be something of a madness (Grin)..but then you are aware of
that sort of thing..just with different toys.

Then all the Salvation Army bell ringers are also OCD? Afterall..they
ultimately perform services for people who are...humm..say...tarded?

Bell ringers are a breed apart. A sad and sado/masochistic breed.

True indeed. And?

Oh..btw..before I forget...

Anybody coming south to California through the Ukia area...Ive got a
boat up there that I need brought south...just saying...16
long, about 250 lbs..on a crunchy trailer....

Gunner

--

"
I was once told by a “gun safety” advocate back in the Nineties
that he favored total civilian firearms confiscation.
Only the military and police should have weapons he averred and what did I think about that?

I began to give him a reasoned answer and he
cut me off with an abrupt, “Give me the short answer.”

I thought for a moment and said, “If you try to take our firearms we will kill you.”"

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

The only reason you post sailboat ads is to gloat, Wieber.

You're an asshole and you surround yourself with other assholes... chief
among them is Larry Jackass.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/17/2014 3:32 PM, Jon Banquer wrote:

Hammer? Posting ads for exactly what he is looking for is doing him a
disservice? And they tend to show up weeks and months apart.
Afterall..they are Rare and Superlative. (Grin)

No you don't post "exactly what he's looking for".

One of the stated criteria is - "in Texas".
Your so called offerings are usually a thousand miles away.
I've already looked at most of them anyway.

AND - the gentleman has asked you to cease and desist.
Several times.

So no, you are just being a jerk.
But there is no surprise there.

Apologies to Jon for using his reply.
I've quit reading anything from Mark.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 17 Mar 2014 13:32:12 -0700, Jon Banquer wrote:

In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

Out of curiosity, why do you so frequently change your name? I have
you in the kill file and suddenly you appear with a new name that has
to be manually added to the file to get rid of you again.

Take pity on the reading public and stop changing your name so those
that prefer an intelligent discourse don't have to read your drivel.
--
Cheers,

Miguel
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Out of curiosity does it hurt to be so stupid? I post with two accounts and I have good reason to doing so. Both use my real name.

No get back on your knees and keep blowing Mark Wieber because it's the only think you do well.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Err, seems like there have been a dozen or more or over the past month

or two. Seriously, why make all these "boat FS" posts here?
There

don't seem to be any people interested in the subject, so I'm
curious

why you bother to find the ads all over the country and then
feel

compelled to post links to them here.

FWIW, +I+ am interested in the boat. I'll take it for $255, with free
shipping (to Florida; and my part of Florida).

Hey! That's only 50% off the regular retail price.

Lloyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/17/2014 7:35 PM, Miguel wrote:
On Mon, 17 Mar 2014 13:32:12 -0700, Jon wrote:

In ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

My apologies for your unnecessary suffering, Mig.

We are doing some remodeling and I'm on my laptop for a while.
It was set up long ago. I guess that was before you plonked me.

Bye now

Richard

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I wasn't replying to your post, or I didn't think I was. I was
addressing Jon , who keeps appearing in spite of
my adding him to the kill file every time he reappears with a new
name.
--
Cheers,

John B.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

It's my fault that your a dumb mother****er and can't figure out that I post with two accounts that both use my real name.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 17 Mar 2014 16:14:19 -0500, Richard
wrote:

On 3/17/2014 3:32 PM, Jon Banquer wrote:

Hammer? Posting ads for exactly what he is looking for is doing him a
disservice? And they tend to show up weeks and months apart.
Afterall..they are Rare and Superlative. (Grin)

No you don't post "exactly what he's looking for".

One of the stated criteria is - "in Texas".
Your so called offerings are usually a thousand miles away.
I've already looked at most of them anyway.

AND - the gentleman has asked you to cease and desist.
Several times.

So no, you are just being a jerk.
But there is no surprise there.

Takes one to know one doesnt it?

(VBG)

So we recognize each other right off, dont we?

Apologies to Jon for using his reply.
I've quit reading anything from Mark.

Oh Im shocked and devistated. Whimper!

Laugh laugh laugh laugh!!

Gunner

--

"
I was once told by a “gun safety” advocate back in the Nineties
that he favored total civilian firearms confiscation.
Only the military and police should have weapons he averred and what did I think about that?

I began to give him a reasoned answer and he
cut me off with an abrupt, “Give me the short answer.”

I thought for a moment and said, “If you try to take our firearms we will kill you.”"

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Saturday, March 22, 2014 8:45:05 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Ah, so it's a vendetta thing.

Mark Wieber hates anyone who calls him out on his frequent lies.

Mark Wieber often claims that those who do call him out on his frequent lies will end up on a "Cull List"

When one of Mark Wieber's many enemies pass on, Mark Wieber tries to claim he was responsible because he picked up the phone and made a call.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Didn't Richard build one of those a year or so ago?
--
Cheers,

John B.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

Didn't you become a Mark Wieber clique of idiot member years ago?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/22/2014 5:50 PM, John B. wrote:
Gunner, who this weekend is machining cabinet standoffs for securing a
nice cherry gear cabinet in the Venture 2-24, and machining and
welding up a 309 SS swing out fixture to hold a fishfinder and
Magellan Nav 5000 GPS he found very very cheaply on the net.....among
other tasks. The swing out fixture is designed to be able to open the
cabin main hatch...swing out and lock the fishfinder and GPS and when
done..unlock and simply swing it back into the cabin for security and
protection from the elements, before closing and locking the hantch(s)

Didn't Richard build one of those a year or so ago?

Yes. John B! Thank you for remembering.

But it was more like five or six years ago.
My only real complaint about it is that it was a bit large.
Took up more companionway room than it could have.
But all the instruments were there in easy reach.
Even the VHF speaker and a mic clip.

Next one will be a bit smaller and peacefully coexist
with companionway doors (mo betta than hatch boards!)

Or it might rotate out of the cockpit combing where it could be
a lot closer to the helmsman. I'm still thinking about how that
would work. The idea is that it's part of the seat back when
stowed and flips outboard far enough not to interfere with
the seating. Just a thought.

That's one nice thing about wheel steering is that it provided
a great place to mount the gauges.
But I still prefer a tiller.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 22 Mar 2014 10:45:05 -0500, wrote:

Ah, so it's a vendetta thing.

Vendetta thing? In which way?

wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 22 Mar 2014 20:06:22 -0500, Richard
wrote:

[...]

When I had my sloop I had the depth sounder, steering compass and the
control head for the autopilot in the cockpit and everything else was
down below. Sail boats aren't speedy enough to need everything at the
pilot's station :-)

--
Cheers,

John B.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/22/2014 5:50 PM, John B. wrote:
Didn't Richard build one of those a year or so ago?

Yes, John, and thank you for remembering!

That was a pretty cool setup.
It's really nice to be able to flip the panel out where you can see it
and back where it's protected from the sun.

My only real complaint about mine was that with everything on it
it was a bit large and ate up a lot more of the companionway than
was comfortable.

I've been thinking about the next one. Instead of folding out from
the companionway, maybe have it flip up out of the cockpit combing?
(Basically the cockpit seat back surround)
Locate it where it's closer to the helmsman?
That's one advantage of wheel steering. It offers a nice secure place
to mount the instruments and controls.
But I still prefer a tiller...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Dunning and Kruger proposed that, for a given skill, incompetent people
will:

1. tend to overestimate their own level of skill;
2. fail to recognize genuine skill in others;
3. fail to recognize the extremity of their inadequacy;
4. recognize and acknowledge their own previous lack of skill, /if/
they are exposed to training for that skill.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 24 Mar 2014 23:32:41 -0500, Richard
wrote:

Dunning and Kruger proposed that, for a given skill, incompetent people
will:

1. tend to overestimate their own level of skill;
2. fail to recognize genuine skill in others;
3. fail to recognize the extremity of their inadequacy;
4. recognize and acknowledge their own previous lack of skill, /if/
they are exposed to training for that skill.

Number 4 may be a test for telling the difference between incompetents
and sociopaths. You have access to test subjects close to hand.

--
Ned Simmons