Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What to salvage from a trash compactor

I purchased two trash compactors:

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NzY4WDEwMjQ=/z/DokAAMXQlgtS6Wts/$_57.JPG

They are both "4 yard heavy duty" models with 20HP hydraulic units.
Model SC4000HD.

Some more details are in the catalog here

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/glosser_b...compactors.pdf

They are both well working trash compactors. Nevertheless, I do not
want to try to market them, as they are too big for me to move around
and store. They each weigh 7,700 lbs, plus the canopies made from 1/8"
sheet metal.

Here's what I want to salvage from them:

1) Hydraulic units with control boxes
2) Hydraulic rams, two per compactor

Is there anything else, possibly, that I am missing?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus17926 wrote:
I purchased two trash compactors:

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NzY4WDEwMjQ=/z/DokAAMXQlgtS6Wts/$_57.JPG

They are both "4 yard heavy duty" models with 20HP hydraulic units.
Model SC4000HD.

Some more details are in the catalog here

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/glosser_b...compactors.pdf

They are both well working trash compactors. Nevertheless, I do not
want to try to market them, as they are too big for me to move around
and store. They each weigh 7,700 lbs, plus the canopies made from 1/8"
sheet metal.

Here's what I want to salvage from them:

1) Hydraulic units with control boxes
2) Hydraulic rams, two per compactor

Is there anything else, possibly, that I am missing?

Cut the canopies for sheet stock, the turn buckles are handy if you haul
anything. Maybe modify one to bale metal scrap?

--
Steve W.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2014-02-23, Steve W. wrote:
Ignoramus17926 wrote:
I purchased two trash compactors:

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NzY4WDEwMjQ=/z/DokAAMXQlgtS6Wts/$_57.JPG

They are both "4 yard heavy duty" models with 20HP hydraulic units.
Model SC4000HD.

Some more details are in the catalog here

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/glosser_b...compactors.pdf

They are both well working trash compactors. Nevertheless, I do not
want to try to market them, as they are too big for me to move around
and store. They each weigh 7,700 lbs, plus the canopies made from 1/8"
sheet metal.

Here's what I want to salvage from them:

1) Hydraulic units with control boxes
2) Hydraulic rams, two per compactor

Is there anything else, possibly, that I am missing?

Cut the canopies for sheet stock, the turn buckles are handy if you haul
anything. Maybe modify one to bale metal scrap?

Thanks.

I do not think that the kind of scrap that I deal with, can be
baled. Those are for cardboard.

Soil Compactor Bit? Winston Metalworking 15 April 28th 10 03:54 AM
Hand tampering and Power compactor Jordan[_3_] Home Repair 0 May 11th 09 02:57 AM
trash compactor [email protected] Home Repair 23 March 26th 08 03:27 AM
Plate Compactor Incubus Home Repair 4 June 24th 07 01:29 PM
Improvised Compactor... AlexW UK diy 15 August 6th 05 01:24 AM