Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default WTB: High pressure pump

See my thread on gundrilling.

Gundrills are cheap on eBay. Found the size i needed the first day and
bought two. I'll get a couple more real cheapos for practice.

Turns out coolant is fine for gundrilling. I need high pressure, 400
PSI min. Haven't found GPM rquirements, can't belive its more than 5
GPM. This will be the hard part to find. Anybody have something like
this?

I'm thinking of trying the pump out of an old car wash. I know where a
scrap one is laying around. Other ideas for a cheap skate?

Karl
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default High pressure pump

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
See my thread on gundrilling.

Gundrills are cheap on eBay. Found the size i needed the first day and
bought two. I'll get a couple more real cheapos for practice.

Turns out coolant is fine for gundrilling. I need high pressure, 400
PSI min. Haven't found GPM rquirements, can't belive its more than 5
GPM. This will be the hard part to find. Anybody have something like
this?

I'm thinking of trying the pump out of an old car wash. I know where a
scrap one is laying around. Other ideas for a cheap skate?

Karl

Log splitter, power steering, pressure washer?
http://baileynet.com/hydraulics/bail...tegory=1000008

jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Karl Townsend wrote:

See my thread on gundrilling.

Gundrills are cheap on eBay. Found the size i needed the first day and
bought two. I'll get a couple more real cheapos for practice.

Turns out coolant is fine for gundrilling. I need high pressure, 400
PSI min. Haven't found GPM rquirements, can't belive its more than 5
GPM. This will be the hard part to find. Anybody have something like
this?

I'm thinking of trying the pump out of an old car wash. I know where a
scrap one is laying around. Other ideas for a cheap skate?

Karl

Cheap electric pressure washer, add pressure gauge and adjust it's
regulator as needed to get the pressure you want at the flow you get
through the tooling.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sunday, February 12, 2012 4:10:27 AM UTC-8, Karl Townsend wrote:
See my thread on gundrilling.

Gundrills are cheap on eBay...
Turns out coolant is fine for gundrilling. I need high pressure, 400
PSI min.

High pressure pumps are find-able. Look on eBay for
"Fluid-O-Tech" items, for instance. It might be useful to
find a coolant/lubricant that works with lower pressure (200 psi
is acceptable for vane pumps).
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 06:10:27 -0600, Karl Townsend
wrote:

See my thread on gundrilling.

Gundrills are cheap on eBay. Found the size i needed the first day and
bought two. I'll get a couple more real cheapos for practice.

Turns out coolant is fine for gundrilling. I need high pressure, 400
PSI min. Haven't found GPM rquirements, can't belive its more than 5
GPM. This will be the hard part to find. Anybody have something like
this?

I'm thinking of trying the pump out of an old car wash. I know where a
scrap one is laying around. Other ideas for a cheap skate?

Karl

Pressure washer plumbed into the bit will work fine.
You are not going to get a lot of gallons per minute through a gun
drill.

Gunner

Gunner Asch