Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default The economy -- are we replacing or repairing?

On Fri, 6 Jan 2012 16:32:20 -0500, "Mr. Grumpypants"
grumpypants@webtv wrote:

"willshak" wrote in message
om...

Speaking of affirmative action.
I haven't eaten in at MacDonalds in the last couple of
decades, but I remember they used to have written on their
paper place mats,
"We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity
employer".
Isn't that a dichotomy?

--
Bill

No.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affirmative_Action

In 1965, President Lyndon B. Johnson issued Executive Order
11246 which required federal contractors to take
"affirmative action" to hire without regard to race,
religion and national origin.

You make it sound as if that's all it has turned into over the years.
Wake up.

It is now being used as reverse discrimination. Numbers of minorities
(and women) now have first choice over grants, loans, and jobs which
should go to the best skilled person, regardless of race or gender. We
white boys are now members of the very last minority on Earth to be
discriminated against.

--
It takes as much energy to wish as to plan.
--Eleanor Roosevelt