Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What is this Interapid thing called?

I have mysterious Interapid gauge. Looks like it is for measuring
internal bores. What is it called?

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Interapid.jpg

thanks

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus32097" wrote in message

I have mysterious Interapid gauge. Looks like it is for measuring
internal bores. What is it called?

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Interapid.jpg

thanks

I don't know what they call that thing, but I'm very sad to see that can of
dishwater next to the box. sob I thought I'd made a small step toward
getting you to drink real beer... g

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus32097 fired this volley in
:

What is it called?

Looks like a bore gauge for measuring "over and under", perhaps for
cylinder boring/honing.

Obviously, it must be set against calipers or a mic first before checking
the subject bore.

The only big question mark in my head is what kind of bores go down to
0.375", but I guess it might be used to check valve guides, as well.

yeah... the first answer you got was right -- that is BAD beer!

LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-11-25, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Ignoramus32097 fired this volley in
:

What is it called?

Looks like a bore gauge for measuring "over and under", perhaps for
cylinder boring/honing.

Obviously, it must be set against calipers or a mic first before checking
the subject bore.

The only big question mark in my head is what kind of bores go down to
0.375", but I guess it might be used to check valve guides, as well.

yeah... the first answer you got was right -- that is BAD beer!

The beer came with the building that I bought, it has a big box of
beer and a whole cabinet of whiskey, rum etc.

I am not much of a drinker, but this Miller Lite is the only beer that
I can actually drink.

Ed, I have to say that I liked your beer, it was pretty good.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-11-25, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Ignoramus32097 fired this volley in
:

What is it called?

Looks like a bore gauge for measuring "over and under", perhaps for
cylinder boring/honing.

Obviously, it must be set against calipers or a mic first before checking
the subject bore.

The only big question mark in my head is what kind of bores go down to
0.375", but I guess it might be used to check valve guides, as well.

yeah... the first answer you got was right -- that is BAD beer!

The beer came with the building that I bought, it has a big box of
beer and a whole cabinet of whiskey, rum etc.

I am not much of a drinker, but this Miller Lite is the only beer that
I can actually drink.

Ed, I have to say that I liked your beer, it was pretty good.

Ok, then you're re-admitted to the Council of Real Beer Drinkers. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Looks like a device for measuring groove diameters inside cylinders. I'd
guess that you pre-set it to the desired diameter with gauge blocks and read
deviation off the scale.

"Ignoramus32097" wrote in message
I have mysterious Interapid gauge. Looks like it is for measuring
internal bores. What is it called?

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Interapid.jpg

thanks

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Mike Henry" fired this volley in
:

Looks like a device for measuring groove diameters inside cylinders.

Just "cylinders" in the generic sense of "tubular stuff", or hydraulic
cylinders, or automotive, or what?

Lloyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 10:15:18 -0600, Ignoramus32097
wrote:

I have mysterious Interapid gauge. Looks like it is for measuring
internal bores. What is it called?

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Interapid.jpg

thanks

As for what its called..no idea. But its a production gauge for
measuring bores or ID grooves.

Production gauges have to be calibrated with a Standard before use.

Gunner Asch
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote in message
. 3.70...
"Mike Henry" fired this
volley in
:

Looks like a device for measuring groove
diameters inside cylinders.

Just "cylinders" in the generic sense of
"tubular stuff", or hydraulic
cylinders, or automotive, or what?

Lloyd

Anywhere that calls for a snap-ring, o-ring, oil
path, air path etc etc ....

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Phil Kangas" fired this volley in news:jap51b
:

Anywhere that calls for a snap-ring, o-ring, oil
path, air path etc etc ....

Yeah, I understood that, but the poster said "cylinders"; and that has some
connotations not fully understood by his post.

I fully understand where grooves are appropriate.

My bet is, it's an automotive machining tool, and NOT for hydraulic or
other work.

Lloyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Check this out,
http://www.hroberts-di.com/product_d...ct=HR079108640
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Here too,
http://www.amazon.com/Sharpe-0791086.../dp/B001F8XAQC

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Nov 25, 8:19*am, "Ed Huntress" wrote:
"Ignoramus32097" *wrote in message

I have mysterious Interapid gauge. Looks like it is for measuring
internal bores. What is it called?

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Interapid.jpg

thanks

I don't know what they call that thing, but I'm very sad to see that can of
dishwater next to the box. sob I thought I'd made a small step toward
getting you to drink real beer... g

--
Ed Huntress

It looks like a gauge for measuring internal o-ring / snap ring
grooves.. Last shop I worked we made parts that had a .08 wide by .312
dia o-ring groove, the gauge we had was made by Swiss Precision and
had a range of something like .28 - .35 and needed to be checked
against a mic or set ring..

Life is too short to drink beer you can see through! ;-)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-11-25, news.easynews.com wrote:
Check this out,
http://www.hroberts-di.com/product_d...ct=HR079108640

Just 1,075 British Pounds! Crikey

Thanks a lot!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 17:41:06 -0600, "news.easynews.com"
wrote:

Check this out,
http://www.hroberts-di.com/product_d...ct=HR079108640

Ayup..thats the one.

"INTERAPID IRA 2 The finest precision gauge for measuring by comparison"

Notice that it needs a calibration standard?

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 17:42:54 -0600, "news.easynews.com"
wrote:

Here too,
http://www.amazon.com/Sharpe-0791086.../dp/B001F8XAQC

Buy two, they're small.

--
Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling.
-- Margaret Lee Runbeck