Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Nice Monarch lathe

Nice monarch 12x20. Well tooled to boot.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MONARCH-12-5...em45fe1e 020f

Anyone know how much that machine weights ?

Best Regards
Tom.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I vote for 2,200 lbs.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Howard Beal wrote:
Nice monarch 12x20. Well tooled to boot.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MONARCH-12-5...em45fe1e 020f

Anyone know how much that machine weights ?

Best Regards
Tom.

Too late, now that Iggy has seen it he'll end up winning it for 25 bucks
and talk the seller into shipping it for another 25.....

--
Steve W.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 20:01:41 -0700, "Howard Beal"
wrote:

Nice monarch 12x20. Well tooled to boot.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MONARCH-12-5...em45fe1e 020f

Anyone know how much that machine weights ?

Best Regards
Tom.

The 60's vintage 10EEs with thyratron drive ran about 3500 pounds.
That's an older motor-generator model, which I think weighs a couple
hundred pounds less, but still over 3000 lb.

--
Ned Simmons
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Nice monarch 12x20. Well tooled to boot.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MONARCH-12-5...em45fe1e 020f

Anyone know how much that machine weights ?

Best Regards
Tom.

The 60's vintage 10EEs with thyratron drive ran about 3500 pounds.
That's an older motor-generator model, which I think weighs a couple
hundred pounds less, but still over 3000 lb.

With that turret, it will easily top 3500 again.

For me, a machine sitting outside on a stack of blocks is a real
warning light. These are wonderful machines, but all the parts come
with gold plating. I wouldn't want to buy one that needed anything
serious done to it.

The weak link on this machine is the drive. I trashed the MG set/DC
motor on mine and put in a VFD and three phase motor. Pretty standard
upgrade that will cost 500 - 1000 depending on how you go.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Thats in Huntington Beach..so its far enough from the salt water to be
in decent shape and there is little rain there. Ill have to go by and
check it out. Its in my territory range

Gunner

Gunner Asch