Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Yale and Towne lifting hooks

I dug out some biggish Yale and Towne ball bearing swivel lifting hooks.

I cannot find a weight capacity anywhere on them. How do I determine
size in order to sell them?

They appear to be brand new. One assumes that they are rated at 5+
tons..but I dont want to over rate them

Gunner

--
"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On May 1, 2:12*am, Gunner Asch wrote:
I dug out some biggish Yale and Towne ball bearing swivel lifting hooks.

I cannot find a weight capacity anywhere on them. *How do I determine
size in order to sell them?

They appear to be brand new. One assumes that they are rated at 5+
tons..but I dont want to over rate them

Gunner

--
"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is
six. " *Jonah Goldberg (modified)

How do we determine that you acutally own them?

Since you owe creditors including the Government, that property
belongs to your creditors.

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

I dug out some biggish Yale and Towne ball bearing swivel lifting hooks.

I cannot find a weight capacity anywhere on them. How do I determine
size in order to sell them?

They appear to be brand new. One assumes that they are rated at 5+
tons..but I dont want to over rate them

The only thing I can think of is to compare them to other hooks the same
size.

Or sell them "AS IS - NO WARRANTY!" If you make it perfectly clear that
they're "caveat emptor," you "should" be "off the hook" (pun originally
unintended, but left in because it's so cute) for any liability.

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 01 May 2011 14:41:02 -0700, Rich Grise
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

I dug out some biggish Yale and Towne ball bearing swivel lifting hooks.

I cannot find a weight capacity anywhere on them. How do I determine
size in order to sell them?

They appear to be brand new. One assumes that they are rated at 5+
tons..but I dont want to over rate them

The only thing I can think of is to compare them to other hooks the same
size.

I cannot find the size of them and no other hooks look comparable. They
are actually..very well made.

Im missing one. I wonder if I gave it to Jon Anderson or somebody? Jon?

Or sell them "AS IS - NO WARRANTY!" If you make it perfectly clear that
they're "caveat emptor," you "should" be "off the hook" (pun originally
unintended, but left in because it's so cute) for any liability.

Cheers!
Rich

Indeed. I have to decide if Im selling them for cash only..or for "wall
hangers". I once sold a 45 ton punch press for cash as a "wall
hanger"..in writing.

Gunner

--
"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is
six. " Jonah Goldberg (modified)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

[...]

When I sell safety equipment, I have buyers sign something like "they
will retain a qualified safety engineer to evaluate any application
involving this product".

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On May 1, 4:41*pm, Rich Grise wrote:
Gunner Asch wrote:
I dug out some biggish Yale and Towne ball bearing swivel lifting hooks..

I cannot find a weight capacity anywhere on them. *How do I determine
size in order to sell them?

They appear to be brand new. One assumes that they are rated at 5+
tons..but I dont want to over rate them

The only thing I can think of is to compare them to other hooks the same
size.

Or sell them "AS IS - NO WARRANTY!" If you make it perfectly clear that
they're "caveat emptor," you "should" be "off the hook" (pun originally
unintended, but left in because it's so cute) for any liability.

Cheers!
Rich

How would that get Gummer off the hook for selling stolen property?

TMT

Yale nightlatch Tabby UK diy 1 November 29th 10 06:03 PM
Yale nightlatch harry UK diy 0 November 29th 10 05:57 PM
Yale Rim Cylinders John Whitworth[_3_] UK diy 10 September 22nd 10 11:52 PM
Yale Alarm skippy UK diy 2 September 8th 06 01:39 AM
Which Yale lock? Lobster UK diy 18 July 21st 06 06:39 PM