Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default More mill wiring progress

Ignoramus8895 wrote:
I have developed a deep appreciation of DIN rail.

By now the mill is wired with fuses. There is two 20A fuses, for L1
and L2. From the fuses, I feed a 240-120v control transformer. Output
of this transformer will be used, as part of the the estop circuit, as
input to a coil of the main motive power contactor. I have installed
the contactor and connected the VFD to it.

The point of this transformer is that even if only one fuse blows,
there will be no power to the motive contactor's coil, so nothing will
even possibly run.

More things to go on the DIN rail will be

1) 24vdc power supply http://ef.algebra.com/e/390209671166
(for pneumatics)

2) Ethernet switch http://ef.algebra.com/e/220567451295

I will also put DIN terminals for various forms of power, like 24vdc,
110v isolated, 220v to motion drives (servo and VFD).

I would recommend that you use 24 volts for the estop line and going to
the microswitches. The first time you get a shock after touching a
microswitch with 110 vac on it you will know the reason why. Every
machine I worked on uses 24 volts on all the control input wiring.

John
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 25 Jul 2010 18:30:04 -0400, john wrote:

Ignoramus8895 wrote:
[...]

The ones that dont use 12 volts.

Gunner

Gunner Asch