Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What was the topic of this group again?

Metalworking?

Seems to have gotten out of hand. Go someplace else to discuss politics.

Pete Stanaitis
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

spaco spaco baldwin-telecom.net wrote:

Metalworking?

Seems to have gotten out of hand. Go someplace else to discuss
politics.

That is pointless, they simply do not care. If the poster in
question is just a spammer, he (or she) will never read your
message here. If he is a real person, you might have some success
by going to one of his regular groups (if any) and badger him
there.
--

Pete Stanaitis

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"spaco" wrote in message
Metalworking?

Seems to have gotten out of hand. Go someplace else to discuss politics.

Pete Stanaitis

New here, eh, kid?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Metalworking?

Seems to have gotten out of hand. *Go someplace else to discuss politics.

Remember there are two ways to improve the signal-to-noise ratio, so
if you can't cut the noise, provide more signal. So what did you want
to talk about?

Maybe if we flood the group with On-Topic they'll be too busy to spew
(yeah, right).

Google groups* really needs a way to filter out crossposts...

--Glenn Lyford

* I know, and I would prefer a real newsreader too, but I access from
multiple computers and it's the only way I've found that lets me keep
my place on all of them. --G
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dan dan is offline

What's that Lassie? You say that Glenn Lyford fell down the old
rec.crafts.metalworking mine and will die if we don't mount a rescue
by Wed, 7 Jul 2010 05:04:18 -0700 (PDT):

Google groups* really needs a way to filter out crossposts...

* I know, and I would prefer a real newsreader too, but I access from
multiple computers and it's the only way I've found that lets me keep
my place on all of them. --G

you might look into getting a newsreader
that can run from a flash drive, or one that
can keep a record of what you've read/not read.
I believe Agent can do this.

--

Dan H.
northshore MA.