Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Yamaha EMX 62M : SAFETY NOTICE

Mixer amp
With age,humidity or temperature or whatever, the screening card lining the
inside of the plastic case can curl up and touch solder and traces on the
IEC sub-board, aluminium side to mains voltages. Cut away all around that
corner on the rear and side card.

The EMX 88S has proper rigid metal work around that IEC area

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Feb 21, 6:35*am, "N_Cook" wrote:
Mixer amp
With age,humidity or temperature or whatever, the screening card lining the
inside of the plastic case can curl up and touch solder and traces on the
IEC sub-board, aluminium side to mains voltages. Cut away all around that
corner on the rear and side card.

The EMX 88S has proper rigid metal work around that IEC area

For us folks on the west side of the Atlantic Ocean, what is a
screening card?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 2/22/2010 12:35 AM N_Cook spake thus:

David Nebenzahl wrote in message
.com...

Typically what you Brits call "screening" we call "shielding". I think
most folks here would refer to that as a shield of some sort (RF,
electrostatic, etc.)

So what we call a valve screening can would be a tube shield in the US ?

Eggs-zactly. Just the way you call a "windscreen" what we call a
"windshield".

- a Usenet "apology"

Did you ever notice that it never happens... Bruce L. Bergman Metalworking 11 September 14th 08 05:55 AM
Demolition Notice de_ja UK diy 20 June 6th 08 09:48 PM
Building Notice or not Martin Carroll UK diy 40 December 11th 07 10:21 AM
Consumer Product Safety Comm. to discuss proposed SawStop technology safety rule George Max Woodworking 256 September 16th 06 06:03 PM