Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default It works!!

I am not finished but last night I just could not wait anymore so I
striped some insulation off the wires and hooked it up to each panel
and fliped the breaker. My lights inside and out side came on in the
detached garage! I assume that this is a good sign that everything is
ok with my wire pull?

One thing I notices is I had identified each wire on one end but not
the other. This may sound stupid, but I attached a 12 volt 2 amp car
battery charger on one end and went to the other unlabeled end with a
volt meter. I found each wire but my meter only said about 8 volts.
Also, on the other wires that were not connected to my charger my volt
meter fluctuated between 0 and .01 volts. Is that normal?

I first tried testign with a lan tester or whatever it is called. You
put a sendor on one end and take a proble and touch the wire on the
other end. The problem with this is all the wires made it beep. If the
ones not attached to the transmitter. What would cause that?