Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Zenni glasses, need advice

Just received my Zenni PROGRESSIVE LENS glasses.
History: 66 yrs. old, been using reading glasses (2.75, dollar store) and
computer glasses (1.0, dollar store). Ophthalmologist says that my distance
vision is starting to be in need of correction. Recommended progressive
lens glasses. Prescrip: OD Sphere +0.75, Cylinder -0.75, Axis 098, Read
Add +2.50; OS Sphere +1.00, Cylinder -0.505, Axis 110, Read Add +2.50.

Okay, question: How long does it take to get used to wearing these things?
Maybe my complaints will go always after a while??

Complaints: Distance vision: NO PROBLEM, slight improvement over 'no
glasses'. Computer vision (24" away), very narrow field left-to-right. If
I scan left-right with my eyeballs, things to out of focus. Not used to
swaying my head around to read merely beyond 3" of screen left-right. Close
up work: Same as above, for example, on a simple bank check, if I focus in
the middle, left and right are out of focus. That's a mere 3" left and 3"
right. If I pick up a 6" machinist rule and focus, it is curved.

For those of you PROGRESSIVE users, is all the above typical? Do I simply
have a bad sample? Should I just fight it and get used to bobbling my head
around? BTW, previous usage has been to leave my thin reading glasses on my
nose and look over the top for the rest of life. Only drawback has been
supermarket shelves. Have to get on my hands and knees to read the tags on
the lower shelves.

Your experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Ivan Vegvary