Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default digital camera; panasonic dmc-fx07; attempted repair; secret codes???

I have a Panasonic dmc-fx07 (I would not recommend them; don't seem
very rugged)

I tried to fix a 'please turn camera off and then on again' problem.
see on the net that dirt might have something to do with the lens
extending
properly.

Well I gutted it and didn't see any thing wrong.

Is there a way to access error codes; like cars, where you twist the
key twice, do a dance and error codes decipher right there on the
panel. This camera knows something. It knows enough to tell me to
cycle the power. Now... tell me what you know its the hammer for you!

Thank you.