Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Wow, I must be someone special

Northern Tools sent me a hard back catalog.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Northern Tools sent me a hard back catalog.

You must be easier to please than me.

A while back I got a $200 gift certificate for them. I had a real hard time
finding things I could use in the store. Everything looked like Asian knock
off crap to me. I must be too fussy. Now, give me a McmasterCarr certificate
and I'd be in heaven.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Karl Townsend wrote:
Northern Tools sent me a hard back catalog.

You must be easier to please than me.

A while back I got a $200 gift certificate for them. I had a real hard time
finding things I could use in the store. Everything looked like Asian knock
off crap to me. I must be too fussy. Now, give me a McmasterCarr certificate
and I'd be in heaven.

Karl

That's not being too fussy, Karl.
That's just having your eyes open and knowing what you see...

Richard
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
anews.com...
Northern Tools sent me a hard back catalog.

You must be easier to please than me.

A while back I got a $200 gift certificate for them. I had a real hard
time finding things I could use in the store. Everything looked like Asian
knock off crap to me. I must be too fussy. Now, give me a McmasterCarr
certificate and I'd be in heaven.

Karl

I'll give you $20 for the cert.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 15 Aug 2009 19:45:32 -0500, the infamous "Karl Townsend"
scrawled the following:

Northern Tools sent me a hard back catalog.

You must be easier to please than me.

A while back I got a $200 gift certificate for them. I had a real hard time
finding things I could use in the store. Everything looked like Asian knock
off crap to me. I must be too fussy. Now, give me a McmasterCarr certificate
and I'd be in heaven.

You just have to realize that any given faulty component in any given
Chiwanese article is easily manufactured and replaced by our "Just get
it done" type of person, Karl. Yea, you were too fussy.

--
If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the
thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 15 Aug 2009 19:45:32 -0500, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:

Northern Tools sent me a hard back catalog.

You must be easier to please than me.

A while back I got a $200 gift certificate for them. I had a real hard time
finding things I could use in the store. Everything looked like Asian knock
off crap to me. I must be too fussy. Now, give me a McmasterCarr certificate
and I'd be in heaven.

Karl

Some time back, someone here posted a page of Harbor Freight coupons
from one of the magazines. I printed this out for when I might make my
first visit to a HF outlet (Port Huron,MI)
I found the foot operated switch I was looking for, along with a few
other items and, yes they did honor the 20% discount coupon and the
free ($5.99) screwdriver set. A totally satisfactory shopping trip!
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Was in Harbor Freight today. Looking at welding carts. Have to measure my
storage location to see if the Oxy/Act cart is to big. Did buy a storage
tube for welding rods, and 3 bug zappers swatters @2.99 each. Cheap enough
to toss when they stop zapping. And a card of miscellaneous small batteries
or $3. Has 6 of the AG3 I need for my travel clock and have been to cheap
to pay $2 each for 3x. Other than that, nothing. But since I do not get in
that area to often, bank acct is safe.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 15 Aug 2009 20:41:13 -0700, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Need a cart? Ive got a spare or two. Where do you live?

Gunner

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith
becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact
equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man
because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the
person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...
There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag,
the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the
English language.. and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people.'
Theodore Ro osevelt 1907

wtb: special tap Jon[_4_] Metalworking 26 November 9th 19 04:18 AM
Special pattress box Vet Tech UK diy 18 June 12th 09 10:26 PM
Special propose JessePex Home Repair 0 January 20th 07 12:03 AM
VHS to DVD, Special Situation.. Brad Electronics Repair 13 October 23rd 05 08:00 PM
Special brick ? [email protected] UK diy 1 April 24th 05 11:17 PM