Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - "Hey Stupid, I Won"

In an exchange with Rep. Eric Cantor (R-Va.) about the proposal, the
president shot back: "I won," according to aides briefed on the
meeting.

"I will trump you on that."

Not that Obama was gloating. He was just explaining that he aims to
get his way on stimulus package and all other legislation, sources
said, noting his unrivaled one-party control of both congressional
chambers.

"We are experiencing an unprecedented economic crisis that has to be
dealt with and dealt with rapidly," Obama said during the meeting.

Republicans say the $825 billion price tag is too big a burden for a
nation crippled by debt and that it doesn't do enough to stimulate the
economy by cutting taxes.

"You know, I'm concerned about the size of the package. And I'm
concerned about some of the spending that's in there, [about] ... how
you can spend hundreds of millions on contraceptives," House GOP
Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) later said.

"How does that stimulate the economy?"

Obama has issues with memory, or commitment:

He said during the third debate: "what I've

done throughout this campaign is to propose a net spending cut....

What I want to emphasize ... is that I have been a strong proponent of

pay-as-you-go. Every dollar that I've proposed, I've proposed an

additional cut so that it matches."

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

RB wrote:

[...]

Yup, and nothing has changed in the economy since that debate...Right???

I know you got used to a guy who stuck to the script, the new guy is
gonna work with the world he is actually living in.

Maybe if the last guy had modified his tax cut promise when he took us
into a war (like every other war in history) , we wouldn't have this
huge deficit that makes fighting our way out of this recession so tough.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Stuart Wheaton wrote:
RB wrote:

[...]

Yeah, right. It's already partisan politics as usual.
Talk is cheap, right now TO's actions are talking a lot louder, and it's
not going to be cheap.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I skipped the meeting, but the Memos showed that RB
wrote on Mon, 26 Jan 2009 11:22:04 -0600 in
rec.crafts.metalworking :

[...]

Oh damn. Obama has Clinton-Gore syndrome. That's where you
remember things others don't, and have no notion about things which
other's know.

--
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 26, 11:32*am, Stuart Wheaton wrote:
RB wrote:

[...]

huge deficit that makes fighting our way out of this recession so tough.- Hide quoted text -

One of the brighter point sot all this is that wingers will be paying
much higher taxes than they would have had to...due to Bush.

Their whining, moaning and bellyaching will go on for years and
years.....

TMT