Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Truck radio

Hi!
I need information on a 1940 Chev pickup radio.
Thank Youi
Vince

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
"Vince" wrote:

Hi!
I need information on a 1940 Chev pickup radio.
Thank Youi
Vince

ON/OFF and volume knob on the left. Tuning knob on the right. HTH.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

--
aioe.org is home to cowards and terrorists

Add this line to your news proxy nfilter.dat file
* drop Path:*aioe.org!not-for-mail to drop all aioe.org traffic.

http://improve-usenet.org/index.html
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 09:37:02 -0600, Vince wrote:
Hi!
I need information on a 1940 Chev pickup radio.
Thank Youi
Vince

You'll probably need a new Cat's Whisker.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Allodoxaphobia wrote:

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 09:37:02 -0600, Vince wrote:
Hi!
I need information on a 1940 Chev pickup radio.
Thank Youi
Vince

You'll probably need a new Cat's Whisker.

Only if you have a cat. That radio used 6.3 volt tubes, and a
vibrator B+ supply. More than mlikely every paper capacitor is bad,
along with the elctrolytics and the vibrator. There are solid state
replacements availible for the vibrator, but make sure the buffer
capacitor gets replaced with the right HV capacitor.

--
aioe.org is home to cowards and terrorists

Add this line to your news proxy nfilter.dat file
* drop Path:*aioe.org!not-for-mail to drop all aioe.org traffic.

http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 3ÔÂ28ÈÕ, ÏÂÎç11ʱ37·Ö, "Vince" wrote:
Hi!
I need information on a 1940 Chev pickup radio.
Thank Youi
Vince

Do you want access to China's massive pool of electronic
manufacturers... but lack the time to contact suppliers, negotiate
contracts, arrange shipping or monitor product quality? Don't worry -
Let seriouswholesale deal with all that for you.

*Check out the huge range of Gadgets, MP3 / MP4 Players, Car DVD /
Audio, and Computer Accessories now by visiting the online wholesale
catalog at seriouswholesale. com You'll have peace of mind thanks to
the seriouswholesale Quality Control, 12-month Warranty on all
products, and easy secure payment by credit card through Paypal.

Selling on eBay or your own online store? Send products direct from
our warehouse to your customers using our unique drop-shipping
service. You can profit by selling hundreds of different products,
without holding any of your own inventory! Any questions you have will
be answered by the seriouswholesale English-speaking customer support
team... Their aim is to make your China electronics importing business
easier to run than ever before.

Welcome to http://www.seriouswholesale.com.

seriouswholesale - Buy from the source, profit without the hassle.

- 12 Months Warranty - No minimum order restrictions - Drop-shipping
with no additional fee - Pay by safely by PayPal seriouswholesale
Wholesale Co., Ltd.: Chinas original and best online electronics
wholesaler & drop-shipper: seriouswholesale. com

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Vince" wrote in message
Hi!
I need information on a 1940 Chev pickup radio.
Thank Youi
Vince

Assuming that it's a Delco brand, what's the model number?

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

"In theory, there isn't any difference between theory and practice. In
practice, there is." - Yogi Berra

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

What is the question?

Most of the failures are capacitors, the vibrator, and maybe some
tubes that are weak. If the speaker is the original it may be dried up
and have to be replaced or re-built. There are places that can re-
build the speaker.

In theory, these are not overly complicated for an experienced tech
who knows the older radio designs. The work is time intensive, and
some of the parts are difficult to find, and may be expensive. But, if
you are determined and don't mind the cost the radio can be restored.

I used to restore antique radios and TV sets. I no longer do this type
of work due to the lack of time.

If you go on to the antique radio news groups, you should be able to
get information. If you do a web search, you should be able to find
people who can service this radio for you.

Jerry G.
======

On Mar 28, 11:37*am, "Vince" wrote:
Hi!
I need information on a 1940 Chev pickup radio.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Thank Youi
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Vince

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

Hi!
I need information on a 1940 Chev pickup radio.
Thank Youi
Vince

it was AM only, no CD player, no cassett player, and no FM...

How's that for information...

OK, specifically what do you need?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 18:22:06 -0400, PeterD wrote:
On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 09:37:02 -0600, "Vince" wrote:

I need information on a 1940 Chev pickup radio.
Thank Youi
Vince

it was AM only, no CD player, no cassett player, and no FM...

How's that for information...

As long as we're all guessing, I betcha it was 6 volts.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Allodoxaphobia wrote:

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 18:22:06 -0400, PeterD wrote:

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 09:37:02 -0600, "Vince" wrote:

I need information on a 1940 Chev pickup radio.
Thank Youi
Vince

it was AM only, no CD player, no cassett player, and no FM...

How's that for information...

As long as we're all guessing, I betcha it was 6 volts.

Might even have been positive ground!

--
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5"

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
bz bz is offline

Jamie t wrote in
:

Allodoxaphobia wrote:

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 18:22:06 -0400, PeterD wrote:

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 09:37:02 -0600, "Vince" wrote:

I need information on a 1940 Chev pickup radio.
Thank Youi
Vince

it was AM only, no CD player, no cassett player, and no FM...

How's that for information...

As long as we're all guessing, I betcha it was 6 volts.

Might even have been positive ground!

I'll bet that all the 'transistors' in it were large, had 8 small pins, in
a circle plus a bigger metal pin in the center except for one that had 4
pins in a trapizoidal pattern.

--
bz 73 de N5BZ k

infinite set.

remove ch100-5 to avoid spam trap
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 00:35:16 +0000 (UTC), bz
wrote:

Jamie t wrote in
:

Allodoxaphobia wrote:

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 18:22:06 -0400, PeterD wrote:

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 09:37:02 -0600, "Vince" wrote:

I need information on a 1940 Chev pickup radio.
Thank Youi
Vince

it was AM only, no CD player, no cassett player, and no FM...

How's that for information...

As long as we're all guessing, I betcha it was 6 volts.

Might even have been positive ground!

I'll bet that all the 'transistors' in it were large, had 8 small pins, in
a circle plus a bigger metal pin in the center except for one that had 4
pins in a trapizoidal pattern.

Even worse was that a 1940 truck *didn't* have a radio as an option!
(you could get an after-market one however)
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

bz wrote:

Jamie t wrote in
:

Allodoxaphobia wrote:

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 18:22:06 -0400, PeterD wrote:

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 09:37:02 -0600, "Vince" wrote:

I need information on a 1940 Chev pickup radio.
Thank Youi
Vince

it was AM only, no CD player, no cassett player, and no FM...

How's that for information...

As long as we're all guessing, I betcha it was 6 volts.

Might even have been positive ground!

I'll bet that all the 'transistors' in it were large, had 8 small pins, in
a circle plus a bigger metal pin in the center except for one that had 4
pins in a trapizoidal pattern.

Yeah, back in those days they didn't know how to make efficient
transistors like today! They were slow getting started, generated lots
of heat there for, wasted power. Used excessive amount of space because
they didn't have the chinese and mexicans of today with small fingers to
put those vacuumed transistors together in smaller packages!
And if you hit a bump to hard, the heater in them that generated the
electron cloud for the majority carriers in the semi dope
mass would fail!

Good god miss molly!

--
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5"

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

As far back as the 1950s, radios and heaters were optional
equipment/accessories for cars and trucks.If the buyer of a new car or
truck wanted the new vehicle equipped with a radio or heater or both
items, he or she had to ask for it when he or she placed their order for
his or hers new car or truck.My 1978 big old long tall 1978 Dodge van
did not have a radio when I bought the van from a guy in 1989.In place
of a radio, there was a factory cover plate fastened to the area where
the radio goes.There was not even a hole for the antenna either.I went
to a K-Mart store and I bought a cheap AM/FM/Cassette radio (about
$35.00) and I bought a new antenna at the K-Mart store too.I removed the
dashboard cover plate and I drilled a hole in the right front fender for
the antenna.

There was a time when windshield wipers were optional equipment for cars
and trucks.My 1914 T Model Ford car has an optional equipment hand
operated windshield wiper clamped on top of the windshield.Starter
motors used to be optional equipment for cars and trucks too, so were
wire wheels verus wood spoke wheels versus disk wheels.
cuhulin

TRUCK TOY BOX J T Woodworking 1 November 12th 07 05:11 PM
98 GM Truck Radio Jack Anderson Electronics Repair 3 February 2nd 06 11:31 AM
Truck for sale... '99 Isuzu FTR - (It's Metal related because it's a MANLY TRUCK, and we're manly men here!!!!) RainLover Metalworking 0 October 14th 05 07:40 PM
Chrysler Radio 1996 Dodge Stratus (Chrysler Sirrus?) Pinout question with GMC S15 Truck None Electronics Repair 4 July 3rd 04 11:29 PM