Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Yamaha R-V905 repair

A friend of mine gave me a Yamaha R-V905 that was broken. It will
power up however it is stuck in DVD/LD as an input. I tried running
audio through that input however - nothing. Trying any controls on
the front panel provide no response. I am fairly good at electronics
and board work. However - I have really never delt with this type of
unit.

I have opened the lid and it was very nice to see that this is a
pretty modular type of unit.

I know that this is a pretty broad question - what could be wrong?
Any help would be great!

Thanks!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
A friend of mine gave me a Yamaha R-V905 that was broken. It will
power up however it is stuck in DVD/LD as an input. I tried running
audio through that input however - nothing. Trying any controls on
the front panel provide no response. I am fairly good at electronics
and board work. However - I have really never delt with this type of
unit.

I have opened the lid and it was very nice to see that this is a
pretty modular type of unit.

I know that this is a pretty broad question - what could be wrong?
Any help would be great!

Thanks!

It's going to need some actual troubleshooting, I'm pretty sure....

Are you able to read a schematic? I can send you a PDF of the service
manual. It's about 10 meg, and you'll need WinRAR to re-assemble it.

You can e-mail me direct at:

and reverse the domain name to read, "sbcglobal".

Mark Z.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

It's going to need some actual troubleshooting, I'm pretty sure....

Are you able to read a schematic? I can send you a PDF of the service
manual. It's about 10 meg, and you'll need WinRAR to re-assemble it.

You can e-mail me direct at:

and reverse the domain name to read, "sbcglobal".

Mark Z.

Mark -

I have a copy of the schematic. I am not sure if that is the full
service manual or not. Yes, I can read schematic. However - I will
email you as well just to make sure I have the full service manual.
Yeah, I am kinda lost to even begin where to start with this thing!
Thanks for the response!

Eric