Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Hoover 800 series 1978 washing machine.

Anyone have a schematic for this
Hoover washer?
I'm in Oz with 240V and I think the 800 series
covers models 832, 830, 835 top loaders made by Hoover in Oz
back then.

Regards,

Patrick Turner.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Patrick Turner" wrote in message
Anyone have a schematic for this
Hoover washer?
I'm in Oz with 240V and I think the 800 series
covers models 832, 830, 835 top loaders made by Hoover in Oz
back then.

Regards,

Patrick Turner.

Are you sure it isn't tucked inside the control panel or glued to the inside
of the back cover?

What's the problem with the machine? I didn't know Hoover ever made washers.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

James Sweet wrote:

I didn't know Hoover ever made washers.

You're joking surely ?

Graham

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Eeyore" wrote in message

James Sweet wrote:

I didn't know Hoover ever made washers.

You're joking surely ?

No, not at all. Hoover is a household name for vacuum cleaners, I've never
seen anything else made by them.

Now GE, Maytag, Whirlpool, those are names I'd associate with washers.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Fri, 07 Mar 2008 03:48:42 GMT, "James Sweet"
wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote in message

James Sweet wrote:

I didn't know Hoover ever made washers.

You're joking surely ?

No, not at all. Hoover is a household name for vacuum cleaners, I've never
seen anything else made by them.

Now GE, Maytag, Whirlpool, those are names I'd associate with washers.

http://www.hoover.co.uk/docs/Category.aspx?Id=18

Perhaps only outside the US.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
msg msg is offline

James Sweet wrote:

snip

What's the problem with the machine? I didn't know Hoover ever made washers.

(in the U.S.):

The Hoover portable Washer/Extractor was a popular apartment-size unit
that had a surprisingly large capacity for a compact unit. I have
refurbished a number of them in the last few years and found eager
buyers; the only problem is finding compatible round belts but I
did find a local source.

Michael