Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Monochrome Monitor Repair

I need a monochrome monitor for an old computer system. (DB-9
connector.)

Originally a Heathkit which failed; repair might be too time
consuming.

Now have a PARCO 12" model 1231 AT, which seems to work, but will not
display anything but a raster.
Problem may be in the monitor (which was supposed to be OK) or in the
interface. (I just plugged the DB-9 monitor plug into the DB-9 of the
computer.)

Any ideas? Anyone have the connector standards for these old systems
- which may not be so standard after all.

Any help/ideas appreciated. TIA -

Matt -

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 12:32:17 -0700, Matt-NJ put finger
to keyboard and composed:

I need a monochrome monitor for an old computer system. (DB-9
connector.)

Originally a Heathkit which failed; repair might be too time
consuming.

Now have a PARCO 12" model 1231 AT, which seems to work, but will not
display anything but a raster.
Problem may be in the monitor (which was supposed to be OK) or in the
interface. (I just plugged the DB-9 monitor plug into the DB-9 of the
computer.)

Any ideas? Anyone have the connector standards for these old systems
- which may not be so standard after all.

Any help/ideas appreciated. TIA -

Matt -

Here's one pinout:
http://pinouts.ru/Video/mono_ttl_pinout.shtml

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 29 Jun, 20:32, Matt-NJ wrote:
I need a monochrome monitor for an old computer system. (DB-9
connector.)

Originally a Heathkit which failed; repair might be too time
consuming.

Now have a PARCO 12" model 1231 AT, which seems to work, but will not
display anything but a raster.
Problem may be in the monitor (which was supposed to be OK) or in the
interface. (I just plugged the DB-9 monitor plug into the DB-9 of the
computer.)

Any ideas? Anyone have the connector standards for these old systems
- which may not be so standard after all.

Any help/ideas appreciated. TIA -

Matt -

There were a few different systems around, what the compatibility of
them was I've no idea. Monochrome signals are simple though, so
standards crossing is sometimes an option.

NT