Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Is it easy to replace a scratched digital camera lens?

I have a minolta Dimage Z2. During one of my trips, the lens cap fell
off and the camera lens had a deep scratch. I am tempted to buy a
nonfunctioning camera for parts on ebay but I am not sure how easy it
is to dissassemble these digital cameras. Anyone have any suggestions?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a minolta Dimage Z2. During one of my trips, the lens cap fell
off and the camera lens had a deep scratch. I am tempted to buy a
nonfunctioning camera for parts on ebay but I am not sure how easy it
is to dissassemble these digital cameras. Anyone have any suggestions?

How do the photos look? Often, scratches do little to detract from the
quality.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

You must know some pretty horrible photographers.

Charles wrote:

How do the photos look? Often, scratches do little to detract from the
quality.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Mike Berger" wrote in message
You must know some pretty horrible photographers.

http://photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00D8z4

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Jun 25, 4:45 pm, "Charles" wrote:
"Mike Berger" wrote in message

You must know some pretty horrible photographers.

http://photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00D8z4

Or he is a very bad photographer himself.

Even dust on the lens is noticeable.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Jun 26, 4:43 pm, "Charles" wrote:
"sparky" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Jun 25, 4:45 pm, "Charles" wrote:
"Mike Berger" wrote in message

You must know some pretty horrible photographers.

http://photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00D8z4

Or he is a very bad photographer himself.

Even dust on the lens is noticeable.

http://photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00D8z4

A questionable message thread on an amateur photo board !

As a semi-professional I know and understand that scratches and
dust on a lens degrades the quality of the picture. When you get
around to taking some professional quality photos please let us know
how much the scratches in your lens degrade your pictures.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"sparky" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jun 26, 4:43 pm, "Charles" wrote:
"sparky" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Jun 25, 4:45 pm, "Charles" wrote:
"Mike Berger" wrote in message

You must know some pretty horrible photographers.

http://photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00D8z4

Or he is a very bad photographer himself.

Even dust on the lens is noticeable.

http://photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00D8z4

A questionable message thread on an amateur photo board !

Naw, it is just the way it is ... scratches can often be ignored ... did you
get the part about filling scratches with ink! Pretty neat, and it works.

As a semi-professional I know and understand that scratches and
dust on a lens degrades the quality of the picture.

I don't know what a semi-professional is. I do know that I would not go to
a semi-professional doctor for a health issue.

When you get
around to taking some professional quality photos please let us know
how much the scratches in your lens degrade your pictures.

https://home.comcast.net/~charlessch...ome.html-.html

Don't bother making snide remarks about those shots, by the way, as they
would simply be petty snipes overwhelmed by all of the amazing hurrahs!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Jun 27, 5:09 pm, "Charles" wrote:
"sparky" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Jun 26, 4:43 pm, "Charles" wrote:
"sparky" wrote in message

groups.com...

On Jun 25, 4:45 pm, "Charles" wrote:
"Mike Berger" wrote in message

You must know some pretty horrible photographers.

http://photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00D8z4

Or he is a very bad photographer himself.

Even dust on the lens is noticeable.

http://photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00D8z4

A questionable message thread on an amateur photo board !

Naw, it is just the way it is ... scratches can often be ignored ... did you
get the part about filling scratches with ink! Pretty neat, and it works.

As a semi-professional I know and understand that scratches and
dust on a lens degrades the quality of the picture.

I don't know what a semi-professional is. I do know that I would not go to
a semi-professional doctor for a health issue.

And yet you take what you read on an amateur photo forum as the
gospel truth ?

https://home.comcast.net/~charlessch...cgi-home.html-...