Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default REQ: Info on old electronic industrial balancer

Got a 1950's-era Electronic Industrial Balancer, made by Stewart Warner, but
have no documentation. It's a vacuum-tube rig and I'm trying to
troubleshoot it, but without a schematic it's a bit difficult for a tech
like me. I telephoned the Stewart Warner company, but their tech support
told me that the branch of their company that handled industrial gauges and
such was sold off decades ago and they have no documentation left.

Here's the data from the nameplate:

Stewart Warner
Electronic Industrial Balancer
Model #329108

Thanks muchly!

Matt J. McCullar

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Matt J. McCullar" wrote:

Got a 1950's-era Electronic Industrial Balancer, made by Stewart Warner, but
have no documentation. It's a vacuum-tube rig and I'm trying to
troubleshoot it, but without a schematic it's a bit difficult for a tech
like me. I telephoned the Stewart Warner company, but their tech support
told me that the branch of their company that handled industrial gauges and
such was sold off decades ago and they have no documentation left.

Here's the data from the nameplate:

Stewart Warner
Electronic Industrial Balancer
Model #329108

Thanks muchly!

Matt J. McCullar

If its tube, and 50 years old it's likely full of paper capacitors
that develop leakage, over time. That causes too much current to flow
through the tubes, and can also cause resistors to overheat and change
value, or open completely.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell