Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Mustek R-100A DVD Recorder

Hello All, I have been gifted this item brand new and boxed. When it
works its really quite good. I say "When" because everything is very
slow to respond i.e. open/close button sometimes works sometimes
doesnt. The remote control is a real hit and miss job, any button
seeming to work only once in a dozen presses. There is obviously
something fundamentally wrong with the unit. I used to run a TV/Video
repair workshop 20 years ago, so I have some skills in repair. Does
anyone know any common problems with this item? Maybe a basic design
flaw etc., also does anyone know if there are any circuit diagrams
available?. I know that a lot of the new far-east sourced stuff these
days doesnt have any.
BTW sending the unit back where it came from is not an option as it
was bought in an auction.
Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Roy - the old guy.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

On Apr 20, 10:33 am, "The Old Guy" wrote:
[...]

welcome to the world of budget dvd recorders. they're all like that,
at least the ones i've seen!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"The Old Guy" wrote in message
Hello All, I have been gifted this item brand new and boxed. When it works
its really quite good. I say "When" because everything is very slow to
respond i.e. open/close button sometimes works sometimes doesnt. The
remote control is a real hit and miss job, any button seeming to work only
once in a dozen presses.

There is obviously something fundamentally wrong with the unit.

I don't know about that. I got a Panasonic that does the same things, if it
makes you feel better.