Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Pioneer Home Reciever Model SX-315 Shuts Off After 30 Seconds Or So

My Pioneer home reciever will turn on but shuts off after 10-30
seconds. I was using it one day and I turned down the music cause I
was just testing the new speaker set-up I had just hooked up and about
10-15 seconds after I turned down the music, the reciever just shut
off. It hasn't worked properly since. I know it has to be a rather
minor problem or it wouldn't even turn on in the first place. I tried
replacing the fuse but it requires an 8amp 125v but the only two fuses
I could find even remotely close to that in the area I live in (the
middle of nowhere Minnesota) is a 7 1/2amp 32v and 5amp 125v. I think
this maybe the problem and I would really appreciate any help I can
get. Please email me your suggestions to as
the
is my parents email.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...
My Pioneer home reciever will turn on but shuts off after 10-30
seconds. I was using it one day and I turned down the music cause I
was just testing the new speaker set-up I had just hooked up and about
10-15 seconds after I turned down the music, the reciever just shut
off. It hasn't worked properly since. I know it has to be a rather
minor problem or it wouldn't even turn on in the first place. I tried
replacing the fuse but it requires an 8amp 125v but the only two fuses
I could find even remotely close to that in the area I live in (the
middle of nowhere Minnesota) is a 7 1/2amp 32v and 5amp 125v. I think
this maybe the problem and I would really appreciate any help I can
get. Please email me your suggestions to as
the
is my parents email.

Although the fuses should be the correct rating when you get to the bottom
of the problem, if the ones that you are putting in are not blowing, then
they are not the problem. If you were messing with speaker setups prior to
its unfortunate demise, then it is far more likely that you have done some
damage to the output stages by either accidentally shorting the output, or
by sustained high output running with speakers of too low a nominal
impedance, connected.

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

[...]