Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Reusing Old Digital Camera LCD Screen

I have an old Canon A70 that no longer works. I'd love to take the LCD
screen and repurpose it into some sort of mobile picture frame. The
LCD screen is a Sony AM309-3 A, and it's roughly 1-1.5". I've been
searching Google with no success... Has anybody done this before, or
have any suggestions on where I can look for hints on how to do
something like this? It'll be the first of such projects that I
attempt. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Apr 7, 4:49 pm, James Sweet wrote:
wrote:
I have an old Canon A70 that no longer works. I'd love to take the LCD
screen and repurpose it into some sort of mobile picture frame. The
LCD screen is a Sony AM309-3 A, and it's roughly 1-1.5". I've been
searching Google with no success... Has anybody done this before, or
have any suggestions on where I can look for hints on how to do
something like this? It'll be the first of such projects that I
attempt. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

LCD screens that have internal controllers can be controlled by a
microcontroller, but the screen in your camera would likely require some
very advanced engineering to make it work in anything else.

Hmm... I still have the PCB that it's connected to. I guess I'd just
need to come up with some way to fool the PCB into thinking that the
camera is working and that it's in display mode. Still probably
difficult. I really have no idea how I'd do it. Just that it'd
probably be easier than taking just the LCD screen and trying to get
it to work.