Larry

Default HF Cold Saw

Hi all,

Anyone else notice the $650 Circular Cold Saw in the last full HF
catalog? It's not in the stores and not on the website, but it's there
in the catalog.

Better yet, anyone buy one yet and have an opinion of it?

Larry A
Gary Coffman

On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 23:01:42 -0700, Larry wrote:
Anyone else notice the $650 Circular Cold Saw in the last full HF
catalog? It's not in the stores and not on the website, but it's there
in the catalog.

Better yet, anyone buy one yet and have an opinion of it?

I saw the ad. I'd like to have a cold saw, but I'm a bit leery of
spending that kind of money without some good feedback
about the saw.

Gary
steamer

--A couple of important things to look for on a cold saw:

-How good is the filter on the coolant pump, and how hard is it to
get to, to clean it?
-How big is the sump?
-Is there a slip-clutch on the blade spindle and is it adjustable?
-Does it use "standard" blades, i.e. ones with 3 holes (2 to
engage drive pins)?
-Does it have 2 speeds?

--No doubt others will have other items to add to this list, but
these are a few things that come to mind when I think about my old beater.
And no, it ain't for sale.. ;-)

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Somewhere in Texas a
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : village has lost an idiot...
ATP

Larry wrote:
Hi all,

Anyone else notice the $650 Circular Cold Saw in the last full HF
catalog? It's not in the stores and not on the website, but it's there
in the catalog.

Better yet, anyone buy one yet and have an opinion of it?

Larry A

I see pretty decent used cold saws going for $500 or so on ebay, at least in
the NY area.

Hot water from cold tap simulet UK diy 1 May 31st 04 11:10 PM
Pipe run between Cold water tank and hot water cylinder. John Durham UK diy 3 March 3rd 04 10:02 AM
Gravity fed Shower mixer ; cold from mains, hot from cylinder tank Ghazali UK diy 5 February 16th 04 12:22 PM
cold water supply - airlock? news.plus.net UK diy 2 January 2nd 04 03:49 PM
how do I ensure there is a cold water path to the boilers return BigWallop UK diy 0 July 3rd 03 01:59 PM