larsen-tools

Default Best .22 rifle?

Well, whatever I got, I'd make sure it was semi-automatic.

"jim rozen" wrote in message
Open for discussion: what .22 would you purchase if you wanted
an overall fun rifle to take to the range every weekend, reliable
and low maintence? Preferences to lever action or bolt action,
not single shot.

Right now we're using a winchester model 62A pump gun, which
I like because I'm left-eye dominant, and a remington targetmaster
single shot model 14 bolt action.

The remington is a loaner and will have to go back soon.

Henry? Winchester? Marlin?

Jim

please reply to:

GTO69RA4

Open for discussion: what .22 would you purchase if you wanted
an overall fun rifle to take to the range every weekend, reliable
and low maintence? Preferences to lever action or bolt action,
not single shot.

Right now we're using a winchester model 62A pump gun, which
I like because I'm left-eye dominant, and a remington targetmaster
single shot model 14 bolt action.

The remington is a loaner and will have to go back soon.

Henry? Winchester? Marlin?

Jim

================================================= =
please reply to:
================================================= =

Some of the old Savage or Marlin guns looked nice to me, as far as repeaters
go. If I had to get a .22 right now it would be a semi Remington 10-22 because
they're so widespread.

GTO(John)
TSJABS

The 10-22 is a Ruger product. It is an excellent piece.

tim

Ernie Leimkuhler

In article , jim rozen
wrote:

Open for discussion: what .22 would you purchase if you wanted
an overall fun rifle to take to the range every weekend, reliable
and low maintence? Preferences to lever action or bolt action,
not single shot.

Right now we're using a winchester model 62A pump gun, which
I like because I'm left-eye dominant, and a remington targetmaster
single shot model 14 bolt action.

The remington is a loaner and will have to go back soon.

Henry? Winchester? Marlin?

Jim

I had a Ruger 10-22 for years.
The thing never jammed in 10 years.
I sold it a few years ago since I was no longer shooting.

My other favorite gun I sold at the same time.
A Marlin 57M, short throw lever action, .22 magnum.
Too damned expensive to shoot for fun, but a frighteningly accurate
varmint rifle.
As long as your target was within 200 yards it was toast.
Gunner

On 28 Jun 2004 14:35:35 -0700, jim rozen
wrote:

Open for discussion: what .22 would you purchase if you wanted
an overall fun rifle to take to the range every weekend, reliable
and low maintence? Preferences to lever action or bolt action,
not single shot.

Right now we're using a winchester model 62A pump gun, which
I like because I'm left-eye dominant, and a remington targetmaster
single shot model 14 bolt action.

The remington is a loaner and will have to go back soon.

Henry? Winchester? Marlin?

Jim

Best of the best? Marlin 39A lever action
http://www.marlinfirearms.com/firear...on22/index.htm About
$350

Bolt action..
http://www.marlinfirearms.com/firear...ion22/981T.htm About
$150

Ruger 77/22
http://www.ruger-firearms.com/Firear...famid&famid=41
Pricey... $350

Self loading..

Marlin 60
http://www.marlinfirearms.com/firear...rMag/index.htm
$135

Ruger 10-22
http://www.ruger-firearms.com/Firear...famid&famid=39
$150

A trip to the local pawn shops may net you a decent old Mossberg as
well.

First question..do you want a underbarrel tube magazine, or a
detachable mag?

Underbarrel holds 15-20 rounds. Rugged, but may be damaged by
extremely rough handing, making the rifle a single shot. Care must be
taken to insure that the magazine is empty, by actually looking into
the receiver and making sure there are no rounds remaining in the
magazine tube. Takes 1 second.

Detachable magazine holds 5-10 rounds. May be lost or damaged. Much
easier to put back into operation by simply getting a second magazine.

Both will operate as single shots, though its a bit difficult loading
them one at a time through the ejection port.

Btw.. there are kids versions of most of the Marlin rifles Ive cited
above. Remington also made a plastic and aluminum 22 called the Viper
IRRC that had an adjustable buttstock that was easily adjusted for
smaller or larger shooters. I didnt much care for the rifle..but it
was "ok"

Check with your local Big 5 sporting goods for weekly sales as well.

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's
cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays
there.
- George Orwell
Gunner

On 28 Jun 2004 22:47:43 GMT, (GTO69RA4) wrote:

Open for discussion: what .22 would you purchase if you wanted
an overall fun rifle to take to the range every weekend, reliable
and low maintence? Preferences to lever action or bolt action,
not single shot.

Right now we're using a winchester model 62A pump gun, which
I like because I'm left-eye dominant, and a remington targetmaster
single shot model 14 bolt action.

The remington is a loaner and will have to go back soon.

Henry? Winchester? Marlin?

Jim

================================================ ==
please reply to:
================================================ ==

Some of the old Savage or Marlin guns looked nice to me, as far as repeaters
go. If I had to get a .22 right now it would be a semi Remington 10-22 because
they're so widespread.

GTO(John)

Ruger 10-22 G

The one problem with a self loader..(semi automatic) is that many
people do not learn to shoot them in other than a "spray and pray"
mode..particularly kids They love to pop em off til they are dry, but
never really learn to aim.

So many US arms manufactures have stopped making .22s..Id completely
forgotten that Saveage still made them

http://www.savagearms.com/markiifvxp.htm Not a bad little rifle at
all.

and they are available in left handed and youth models

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's
cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays
there.
- George Orwell
Gunner

wrote:

Open for discussion: what .22 would you purchase if you wanted
an overall fun rifle to take to the range every weekend, reliable
and low maintence? Preferences to lever action or bolt action,
not single shot.

Right now we're using a winchester model 62A pump gun, which
I like because I'm left-eye dominant, and a remington targetmaster
single shot model 14 bolt action.

The remington is a loaner and will have to go back soon.

Henry? Winchester? Marlin?

Jim

Oh..Kmart no longer sells firearms, but Walmart is still one of the
cheapest places to purchase one.

I do however recommend, if you can afford the price difference, in
purchasing one from a local gun shop, as most really need your
business and most..though not all are good people to do business with
down the road. Some, like some pawn brokers..are assholes. YMMV

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's
cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays
there.
- George Orwell

GTO69RA4

The 10-22 is a Ruger product. It is an excellent piece.

tim

Yup, momentary brain malfunction. I have the 1964 introduction article in a
magazine here somewhere, so I should be more careful.

GTO(John)
GMasterman

If I was buying a bolt action, it would likely be a Ruger 77-22, with a good
scope. For a semi-auto, the Ruger 10-22, also with a scope. Hard to beat a
Ruger unless you pay lot's more money. For mere plinking fun and open sights,
you already have the best, a Winchester 62, or the Rossi knock off. The Rossi
62 carbine is great for a young shooter, as well. These are great because they
will shoot anything from CB caps to LRs
SteveB

"jim rozen" wrote in message
Open for discussion: what .22 would you purchase if you wanted
an overall fun rifle to take to the range every weekend, reliable
and low maintence? Preferences to lever action or bolt action,
not single shot.

Right now we're using a winchester model 62A pump gun, which
I like because I'm left-eye dominant, and a remington targetmaster
single shot model 14 bolt action.

The remington is a loaner and will have to go back soon.

Henry? Winchester? Marlin?

Jim

please reply to:

I like my Remington 552 Speedmaster Monte Carlo grade that I got at a hock
shop for $90. I have to take it to the shop, or do some cleaning because it
jams frequently. But it is a sweet rifle!

Steve

GMasterman

Yep, I have the stainless/laminated Manlicher stock version. As a gunsmith, I
built a 10/22 that would keep 1/4" groups at 85 yards all day long. Match bull
barrel, match chamber, beavertail shock Leopold 3-9 scope. It's owner was some
kind of pleased that a 10/22 could become something like that. 10/22 is hard to
beat for a starting point or an all around rifle!

Gary Coffman

On 28 Jun 2004 14:35:35 -0700, jim rozen wrote:
Open for discussion: what .22 would you purchase if you wanted
an overall fun rifle to take to the range every weekend, reliable
and low maintence? Preferences to lever action or bolt action,
not single shot.

Right now we're using a winchester model 62A pump gun, which
I like because I'm left-eye dominant, and a remington targetmaster
single shot model 14 bolt action.

The remington is a loaner and will have to go back soon.

Henry? Winchester? Marlin?

Kimber HS would be my first choice in a new .22 bolt rifle for
competition and field use. The Remington 504 would be an
alternate. Either one retails in the $700-$800 range. These
are very nice rifles, built along high power rifle lines. So they
can provide excellent practice and cross training for shooting
your normal field guns.

Of course you could go whole hog and get a Remington 40XR
competition rifle made up in left hand if you're only going to
shoot at a range. Retail $1845. (I have an older one, *very* nice.)
If you're really insane, look at the Anschutz 1913 (if you have to
ask, you can't afford it).

Less expensive alternatives would be the Savage 900TR ($415)
in left hand, or the Marlin 2000L ($656) which is claimed to be
ambidextrous though the bolt handle is on the right. I wouldn't
want to drag any of these target rifles out into the field, but they
are wonderful competition guns for the range.

The first choice in semiauto .22 plinker rifles for a lefty has to
be the Browning. It is bottom eject, so you can fire it comfortably
from either side. Retails between $475 and $975 depending on
grade. (Our Chinese friends at Norinco make an exact copy for
$129. I have one, it is decent.)

If you don't mind cases whizzing by your face, then a Remington
Nylon 66 or a Ruger 10/22 would be other choices for a knockabout
utility semiauto. Used prices are in the $100-$200 range. I have a
Nylon 66 as a boat gun.

The only pump I ever really liked was the old Winchester gallery
gun. They're getting a bit hard to find in good condition. There
are a couple of copies out on the market, but I don't think much
of them.

Realize that none of the semiautos or pumps are going to be
competition grade. So if you're striving for best paper punching
accuracy, go with one of the bolt rifles mentioned. If you're also
a hunter, go with the Kimber or the Remington 504. If you're
pure competition, go with the 40XR, 900TR, 2000L, or 1913.

Gary
Thomas Kendrick

There are "overall fun rifles" and there are serious target rifles.
The compromise is a bolt-action with a clip. With the clip removed and
something better than open sights, all of the marksmanship aspects can
be covered while making each shot count.

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 23:53:26 GMT, Gunner
wrote:
On 28 Jun 2004 22:47:43 GMT, (GTO69RA4) wrote:
Open for discussion: what .22 would you purchase if you wanted
an overall fun rifle to take to the range every weekend, reliable
and low maintence? Preferences to lever action or bolt action,
not single shot.

Ruger 10-22 G

The one problem with a self loader..(semi automatic) is that many
people do not learn to shoot them in other than a "spray and pray"
mode..particularly kids They love to pop em off til they are dry, but
never really learn to aim.

Mike

Best is hard so here goes.

Best semiauto hands down 10/22 Ruger. Highly adaptable, with tons of
available attachments ,clip fed .

Best shooter 550 Remington. Quit making years ago but can still be found for
around $150. Large capacity & magazine fed, shoots everything even CB . Has
a floating chamber that uses the gases to function with all ammo. Full
length stock, and hefty.

Best fun gun 62/62a Winchester. Hold the trigger and keep on pumping. Keep
the value forever.

Best to tote the Browning take down. Light weight and folds up like the 62
Winchester little hard to load in the stock, neat gun.

Best to own a Kimber.

Best bolt, lever, or single shot, sorry they ain't no fun.

Best 22 Pistol Smith & Wesson model 41 or High Standard Military
Trophy

Kent Frazier

"Gunner" wrote in message

Bolt action..
http://www.marlinfirearms.com/firear...ion22/981T.htm About
$150

This one gets my vote, I have owned one like it, although a single shot,
since I was six. Dad put a Lyman peep sight on it and replaced the rear
iron sight with a flip down style. It is a real tack driver!
I had a clip fed bolt action for a while and a lever action but didn't like
them that much.
The Ruger 10-22 was a lot of fun for making cans bounce around but it sure
did use ammo.
An afternoon with the single shot bolt gun used a box of 50 shells, maybe
two, and was a quiet and thoughtful time. The afternoons with the 10-22
used a couple of bricks and was all about rock and roll.
Kent

Dan Caster

Every weekend? To me that kind of implies that one that is going to
shoot better than you can, at least right now. As I remember Mossburg
made a inexpensive target model. Winchester was the more expensive
standard. Both bolt actions.

Dan

jim rozen wrote in message ...
Open for discussion: what .22 would you purchase if you wanted
an overall fun rifle to take to the range every weekend, reliable
and low maintence? Preferences to lever action or bolt action,
not single shot.

Jim

please reply to:

Don Foreman

wrote:

Open for discussion: what .22 would you purchase if you wanted
an overall fun rifle to take to the range every weekend, reliable
and low maintence? Preferences to lever action or bolt action,
not single shot.

Right now we're using a winchester model 62A pump gun, which
I like because I'm left-eye dominant, and a remington targetmaster
single shot model 14 bolt action.

The remington is a loaner and will have to go back soon.

Henry? Winchester? Marlin?

I still have the little Mossberg bolt-action clip-fed .22 that my dad
gave me when I was 12 or so. I've always liked that rifle better
than any other I've used, maybe because I spent a lot of time with it
as a kid. It's lightweight, fairly short so it's easy to manage
in the woods, and any question of accuracy was ascribable to the user
rather than the rifle. Simple mechanism, nothing to jam and easy to
clean. My dad told me he'd get me a semi-auto if and when I
demonstrated that I could shoot well enough not to need one.

By the time I was eligible, I didn't want one.
michael

I kinda like the Wards-Westernfield I have. Learned to shoot with it
when I was, uhm, a bit younger. Bolt action, 5 shot magazine. Quite
accurate and looks damn nice with the refinish I did a few years ago.
Not 4 sale. ;~)

mike

Charlie

Ruger 10/22. Bull Barrell, reworked trigger, titanium hammer,different
clip release, lightened bolt---------- tack driver.

Charlie
Scotty

We still have the Marlin 80G that my dad gave me when I was a young'un. When my
son wanted to learn to shoot I passed it along to him. Just a couple of years
ago his younger sister wanted to learn to shoot, so he "loaned" it to her. It
still works perfectly and is very accurate. Ours is a bolt action with a
7-round clip. I believe Marlin said it was an 8-round clip, but you really have
to press hard to get that 8th round in there, and some of our clips will only
load 7, regardless. I think they made a lever action model, too. When teaching
the kids to shoot I took the clip away and had them fire it single-shot to help
them concentrate on their posture and aim. It worked OK; they're both pretty
good shots. I'll probably use it to teach the grandkids how to shoot, too. That
is, if their mom and dad will let 'em (neither our oldest daughter nor her
husband shoot)...

We also have a Remington something-or-other 20 ga (I'm too lazy to get up and
go downstairs to open up the gun safe and check the model number right now)
that my wife and son use to shoot blue rock. Our son also has a .223 Bushmaster
and I have have an 8mm Mauser. Speaking of simple mechanisms, the receiver of
that Mauser is so simple that it's elegant. It's a 5-round top-loader. I love
it, but it sounds like a cannon when I fire it and it kicks like a mule.

Scotty

*** This post was written using 100% recycled words ***

jim rozen writes:

Open for discussion: what .22 would you purchase if you wanted
an overall fun rifle to take to the range every weekend, reliable
and low maintence? Preferences to lever action or bolt action,
not single shot.

Right now we're using a winchester model 62A pump gun, which
I like because I'm left-eye dominant, and a remington targetmaster
single shot model 14 bolt action.

The remington is a loaner and will have to go back soon.

Henry? Winchester? Marlin?

Jim

Peter T. Keillor III

On 28 Jun 2004 14:35:35 -0700, jim rozen
wrote:

snip
The remington is a loaner and will have to go back soon.

Henry? Winchester? Marlin?

Jim

For knocking around, Ruger 10-22. I have a couple. When the boys got
older, I got the middle one a Marlin 39A lever action. That's a very
well made rifle, mostly machined out of steel, very solid. He'll be
passing that one to his heirs someday.

Pete Keillor

Gunner

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 23:00:26 -0700, michael
wrote:

I kinda like the Wards-Westernfield I have. Learned to shoot with it
when I was, uhm, a bit younger. Bolt action, 5 shot magazine. Quite
accurate and looks damn nice with the refinish I did a few years ago.
Not 4 sale. ;~)

mike

It was likely a Mossberg or Savage/Stevens.

Wards, Western Auto, etc all sold rebadged firearms manufactured by
other people.

For a decent listing of the cross references...

http://www.e-gunparts.com/crossref.asp

very handy guide when looking for parts and a very good company to do
business with. Their catalog is de rigour as well.

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's
cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays
there.
- George Orwell
Ole-Hjalmar Kristensen

"jr" == jim rozen writes:

jr Open for discussion: what .22 would you purchase if you wanted
jr an overall fun rifle to take to the range every weekend, reliable
jr and low maintence? Preferences to lever action or bolt action,
jr not single shot.

jr Right now we're using a winchester model 62A pump gun, which
jr I like because I'm left-eye dominant, and a remington targetmaster
jr single shot model 14 bolt action.

jr The remington is a loaner and will have to go back soon.

jr Henry? Winchester? Marlin?

jr Jim

jr ==================================================
jr please reply to:
jr JRR(zero) at yktvmv (dot) vnet (dot) ibm (dot) com
jr ==================================================

A BRNO model 2 (or the equivalent model nowadays). Bolt action, 5 shot
detachable magazine, very accurate, looks like a real rifle, not a
toy. Receiver comes with dovetail for scope rings, you can disassemble
the bolt for cleaning and lubrication without any tools.

--
C++: The power, elegance and simplicity of a hand grenade.
Roy

wrote:

===Open for discussion: what .22 would you purchase if you wanted
===an overall fun rifle to take to the range every weekend, reliable
===and low maintence? Preferences to lever action or bolt action,
===not single shot.
===
===Right now we're using a winchester model 62A pump gun, which
===I like because I'm left-eye dominant, and a remington targetmaster
===single shot model 14 bolt action.
===
===The remington is a loaner and will have to go back soon.
===
===Henry? Winchester? Marlin?
===
===Jim
===
=============================================== ======
=== please reply to:
===JRR(zero) at yktvmv (dot) vnet (dot) ibm (dot) com
=============================================== ======

I like the Ruger M7722, bolt action magazine fed .22 rifle. Its super
accurate and has good feel and looks. I also have an old Marlin M101
Bolt action with tube which is a nice rifle, but if your looking for
pricewaise savings, and a neat little gun the Rossi Gallery Pump with
tube is a good buy. I have one with the short barrel I bought for my
one son years ago, so it would be easier for him to handle being a
small kid at that time and he really enjoyed it. I thought he outgrew
it, and it was more of a rifle scaled down to a small person or child,
but I find myself and him usinmg it more than most of the other 22
rifles we have as its short and easy to handle and capable of decent
accuracy.

I have some 1022, and a Winchester M77 S/A, but personally I am not a
big fanb of semi autos, as much as I am of a pump or bolt action with
bolt being my preference.
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.
Lucky Strike

Browning Lever Action

Takes short, long, long rifle

lots of fun, smooth action, nice balance, good plinker and decent accuracy

"jim rozen" wrote in message
Open for discussion: what .22 would you purchase if you wanted
an overall fun rifle to take to the range every weekend, reliable
and low maintence? Preferences to lever action or bolt action,
not single shot.

Right now we're using a winchester model 62A pump gun, which
I like because I'm left-eye dominant, and a remington targetmaster
single shot model 14 bolt action.

The remington is a loaner and will have to go back soon.

Henry? Winchester? Marlin?

Jim

please reply to:

michael

wrote:

I kinda like the Wards-Westernfield I have. Learned to shoot with it
when I was, uhm, a bit younger. Bolt action, 5 shot magazine. Quite
accurate and looks damn nice with the refinish I did a few years ago.
Not 4 sale. ;~)

mike

It was likely a Mossberg or Savage/Stevens.

Wards, Western Auto, etc all sold rebadged firearms manufactured by
other people.

For a decent listing of the cross references...

http://www.e-gunparts.com/crossref.asp

very handy guide when looking for parts and a very good company to do
business with. Their catalog is de rigour as well.

Gunner

Yeah, forgot to mention. Looked it up once and best bet was that this
particular rifle is a Stevens. I'll check the link, thanks Mark.

michael

I would ask how you're feelin, but I don''t want to send this thread into
oblivion. Email me.

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's
cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays
there.
- George Orwell

Gunluvver2

I have probably owned over 20 different .22 rifles over the past 50 years. My
favorites were a Ruger M77 that I had scoped with a Redfield 4x12. I don't
shoot paper and I buy cheap ammo ( Federal or Wildcats) but that little rifle
was deadly out to 150 yards.

The only semi-auto I ever owned that I really liked was a Winchester Model 190.
At first I hated it because of the stiff trigger. After running 10 or 15
thousand rounds through it the trigger loosened up and I liked it. Accuracy was
great with the iron sights and reliability was fantastic. I still shoot it on a
regular basis. I actually abuse this gun just to see if I can get it to fail.
In a typical weekend I will put a brick (500 rounds) through this gun without
cleaning; yet if it fails to fire even once it is unusual.

I like levers and my favorite .22 lever was the little Browning. A longer
barrel would be nice in it though.

The worst .22 rifle I ever owned was also the most expensive. A Weatherby Mark
XXII. What a worthless piece of crap. It reminded me of a blonde I dated when I
was younger; nice to look at but wasn't worth the crap you had to put up with
to get it to perform.
DL
Lane

"Gunluvver2" wrote in message

The worst .22 rifle I ever owned was also the most expensive. A Weatherby

Mark
XXII. What a worthless piece of crap. It reminded me of a blonde I dated

when I
was younger; nice to look at but wasn't worth the crap you had to put up

with
to get it to perform.
DL

LOL, you brought back some memories! I dated a few like that...

Lane

Lane

"Lane" lane_nospam@copperaccents_dot_com wrote in message

"Gunluvver2" wrote in message

The worst .22 rifle I ever owned was also the most expensive. A

Weatherby
Mark
XXII. What a worthless piece of crap. It reminded me of a blonde I dated

when I
was younger; nice to look at but wasn't worth the crap you had to put up

with
to get it to perform.
DL

LOL, you brought back some memories! I dated a few like that...

Lane

BTW, I used to own a Browning Semi-Auto
http://www.browning.com/products/cat...21&type_id=001
It was a nice little gun, very easy to disassemble without tools for
cleaning. The barrel even came apart from the receiver very easily. One
thing I didn't like about it though was the tube feed through the stock. I
thought it awkward. Sorry I ever sold it.

Lane

Question of the Day

Hitch wrote:

Good thing 22 cartridges are cheap.

Okay..... I'm sure you can guess my curious question.

How cheap is cheap.

What do you folks pay for various types of .22 ammo in different sized
quantities in different areas or the country.
Gunner

On 29 Jun 2004 14:26:05 +0200, Ole-Hjalmar Kristensen
wrote:

"jr" == jim rozen writes:

[...]

Indeed. Made along the lines of a very scaled down Win. Mod 70. Most
places they are a bit hard to find, and are made full sized for adults
so would be a bit large for children to use. I have several of them,
but didnt include them in the list as they are not available in most
areas without some hunting around for them. The Chinese JW series..JW
14 is also a good deal, but also harder to find.

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's
cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays
there.
- George Orwell
Gunluvver2

What do you folks pay for various types of .22 ammo in different sized
quantities in different areas or the country.

Here in Lincoln, Nebraska our local WalMart has .22 LongRifle for less than a
buck a box (50 rounds). This will usually be Federals, Wildcats, Mohawk etc. I
always call ahead of time to see if they have enough in stock because I usually
buy a case at a time , 5,000 rounds. You can pay more for higher priced ammo
but if all you are doing is plinking why should you? I do try to buy
hollowpoints when I am shooting in more populated areas because they have a
tendency to break up on impact rather than richochet. When I am shooting on my
own property where the neighbors are more than two miles away that is not a
problem.
DL
Gunner

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 10:03:33 -0400, "Lucky Strike"
wrote:

Browning Lever Action

Takes short, long, long rifle

lots of fun, smooth action, nice balance, good plinker and decent accuracy

I have one Ive never shot. I got one brand new in the box for helping
a gal dispose of her husbands firearms estate. Im going to have to
take it out one of these days. Pretty little rifle and that rack and
pinion lever action has a very short throw. Not drilled and tapped for
a peep sight though..

Gunner