Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DanG

Default OT : What are you doing about Valentine's Day?

This is totally off topic. If you have procrastinated your plans
for Valentine's Day, may I offer a suggestion?

Hire a Barbershop Quartet to sing to your lady on Valentine's Day.
There are Barbershop Chapters all over the country, here is a way
to find one:
http://www.singingvalentines.com/ I happen to sing bass in a
quartet, and this is the most fun I have all year long. You can't
go wrong.
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B

Default What are you doing about Valentine's Day?

"DanG" wrote in message
This is totally off topic. If you have procrastinated your plans for
Valentine's Day, may I offer a suggestion?

Hire a Barbershop Quartet to sing to your lady on Valentine's Day. There
are Barbershop Chapters all over the country, here is a way to find one:
http://www.singingvalentines.com/ I happen to sing bass in a quartet, and
this is the most fun I have all year long. You can't go wrong.
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

Hot damn. Brings back memories. Long, long ago, when I was a traveling
salesman, I stayed at a downtown hotel in San Antonio, Texas.

On the little stand there at the foyer was:

WELCOME SPEBSQSA!

I had no clue what it was. Then, from off in the corner, a group of four
fellows was harmonizing. Charming, I thought. Entertainers in the lobby.

Then there were four more when I got off the elevator, and four more down
the hall.

I asked the bellhop. He said it was the Society for the Preservation and
Encouragement of Barber Shop Quartet Singing in America. IIRC.

Well, for a while, it was fun. But by the time I left in a few days, it was
like working at a candy store and losing your taste for candy.

But some mighty fine singing, and the schlep acting and choreography that
went with it, too. And costumes with straw bowlers and red and white
striped shirts, and little bow ties.

Then I think of the theater downtown close by that had the little opera
seats all around, and the sky with the little starlights in it. And the
River Walk.

And Conchita Gonzales.

But I digress..............

BTW, my anniversary is Valentine's Day. Time to go shopping. I still have
time.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise

On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 13:57:02 -0800, Steve B wrote:

"DanG" wrote in message
[...]

According to the TeeVee, you're supposed to get her a new teddy bear. ;-P

Good Luck!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Grant Erwin

If you were smart you got married on Valentine's Day, then you don't have to
worry about what to do for VD, you just take her out to dinner for your
anniversary, which you won't forget because the Western World is saturated with
advertising about VD.

If you weren't smart, then I don't know what to tell ya.

I'd probably be into VD if I were a florist. But I'm not. Go away.

GWE
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B

"Rich Grise" wrote

According to the TeeVee, you're supposed to get her a new teddy bear. ;-P

Good Luck!
Rich

Yeah, and according to the TeeVee, the Democrats have a secret solution to
all our woes, too. ;-)

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jeff R

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
If you were smart you got married on Valentine's Day, then you don't have

worry about what to do for VD, snip

That's gotta be just about the nicest abbreviation I've seen all day.

--
Jeff R.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Andrew VK3BFA

DanG wrote:
This is totally off topic. If you have procrastinated your plans
for Valentine's Day, may I offer a suggestion?

Hire a Barbershop Quartet to sing to your lady on Valentine's Day.
There are Barbershop Chapters all over the country, here is a way
to find one:
http://www.singingvalentines.com/ I happen to sing bass in a
quartet, and this is the most fun I have all year long. You can't
go wrong.
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

Songs linger in memories, tools last forever (ok, maybe not..) - buy a
special new tool to do that long awaited household job, gift wrap it,
present it to her and say "honey, I really care..... - besides, if you
want to get all soppy, buy the dozen roses the next day - usually 10%
of the price. You can lie and say they were sold out when you tried on
the day.......

Andrew VK3BFA.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex B

That's what I'm doing for my wife tomorrow

- -
Rex Burkheimer
WM Automotive
Fort Worth TX

DanG wrote:
This is totally off topic. If you have procrastinated your plans
for Valentine's Day, may I offer a suggestion?

Hire a Barbershop Quartet to sing to your lady on Valentine's Day.
There are Barbershop Chapters all over the country, here is a way
to find one:
http://www.singingvalentines.com/ I happen to sing bass in a
quartet, and this is the most fun I have all year long. You can't
go wrong.
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Russ Kepler

DanG wrote:
This is totally off topic. If you have procrastinated your plans
for Valentine's Day, may I offer a suggestion?

Hire a Barbershop Quartet to sing to your lady on Valentine's Day.
There are Barbershop Chapters all over the country, here is a way
to find one:
http://www.singingvalentines.com/

I did that one year, years ago, and she still mentions it as a high
point in the Valentine's Day parade of presents. 29 years this May.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug White

My wife & I will be going to a Greater Boston Pistol League match. I
fully expect her to out shoot me. That usually pleases her quite a
bit...

Doug White

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard Lamb

Doug White wrote:

My wife & I will be going to a Greater Boston Pistol League match. I
fully expect her to out shoot me. That usually pleases her quite a
bit...

Doug White

Last year we went to the movies at the mall.

Pausing at Victoria's Secret to admire the new, uhmmm, products
I told her that thanks to her I had discovered that the most
wonderful, exciting, erotic thing about a woman's breasts
(at which point an eyebrow was arching, and the smile rather thin)
is the heart that beats behind them.

Richard

Warning! Don't try this with a casual relationship.
You'll never get rid of her....
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B

"Robin S." wrote

I can only see an actual beating heart inside a chest. Gory.
"Broken heart" is particularly hard to appreciate. I can't imagine what it
feels like when your heart stops beating.

still creeped out by all this "heart" talk

Regards,

Robin

Imagine this: eight hours of heart surgery. Five way bypass. Aortic valve
replacement. Stopping the heart so they can work on it, restarting it.

Been there. Done that. Got the little heart shaped pillow they give you so
your eyeballs don't pop out when you cough.

It's commonplace today, and you might have it done to you.

You actually don't feel a thing.

That is, until you wake up, and the pain medicine wears off.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 22:58:55 -0500, "Robin S."
wrote:

"Richard Lamb" wrote in message
thlink.net...

Last year we went to the movies at the mall.

Pausing at Victoria's Secret to admire the new, uhmmm, products
I told her that thanks to her I had discovered that the most
wonderful, exciting, erotic thing about a woman's breasts
(at which point an eyebrow was arching, and the smile rather thin)
is the heart that beats behind them.

Does anyone else get the willies with references to the heart when talking
about love? I can only see an actual beating heart inside a chest. Gory.
"Broken heart" is particularly hard to appreciate. I can't imagine what it
feels like when your heart stops beating.

As far as VD, I'll be cooking. I recommended either Pizza Pops or Kraft
Dinner. Apparently I'm making tenderloin instead....

still creeped out by all this "heart" talk

Regards,

Robin

Try living with a wife who had a double bypass, V-Tac, sleep apnea and
Factor 5/Liden.

Brings on a whole new meaning to "heart ache"

And makes each morning a morning of discovery..reaching over and
making sure she didnt die in the night.

Someday Ill reach over and touch her bare ass..and find it cold as a
slab of beef.

Tends to give one a different outlook.....

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard Lamb

wrote:

"Richard Lamb" wrote in message
rthlink.net...

[...]

Ah, Metal Men! :^)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 06:55:10 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner
quickly quoth:

wrote:

still creeped out by all this "heart" talk
Robin

Try living with a wife who had a double bypass, V-Tac, sleep apnea and
Factor 5/Liden.

You meant to say "ex-wife" didn't you, though you're currently
together?

Brings on a whole new meaning to "heart ache"

Ah, you betcha.

Someday Ill reach over and touch her bare ass..and find it cold as a
slab of beef.

Tends to give one a different outlook.....

Reminiscent of the Alice Cooper song "Cold Ethel", eh?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000002I99/ref=cm_lm_fullview_prod_2/102-0554864-4657760?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=5174

- Clinton never - * Wondrous Website Design
- EXhaled.- * http://www.diversify.com

Junior Member

Location: New York

I made some "love certificates" that entitles my wife to all the different things she likes like us going for long walks without having me complain.