Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RHGrafix

Default welded globe

Anyone seen that metal spinning globe on Joel Osteen's show, the
smiling preacher from Lakewood church?
It's about 10 feet high, I think it would be a great welding project,
the trick would be to mount it so a motor can make it revolve slowly. I
would like to see any pictures you sculptors have done similar to this.
Happy New Year!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
mlcorson

Here's a place to start.

http://www.kineticus.com/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard Ferguson

I have not seen the globe on TV. The link below is for a globe that I
made a few years ago. This one hangs from the ceiling on monofilament.
I don't think that it would be difficult to motorize one. One of
these days I will build a larger one, probably for outdoors. I have
learned a lot since I built this one. ;-)

http://fergusonsculpture.home.att.net/globe.html

Richard

--
http://www.fergusonsculpture.com
Sculptures in copper and other metals
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Nick Müller

Richard Ferguson wrote:

The link below is for a globe that I made a few years ago.

I really like the title! :-))

Nick
--
Motor Modelle // Engine Models
http://www.motor-manufaktur.de
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
tony stramella

Look at universal studios.They have a really big one