Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default 32" Sony Trinatron audio volume dies as it heats up

My nieghbor gave me a 32" Sony KV-32TS36 manufactured 1993. He tossed
it because the volume would fade out as it stayed on longer (assuming
as it heats up)

Does anybody know what part this could sounds like? I'm a lay person to
electronics repair but have had success on this group years ago
soldering something on another TV found on the street.

Thanks
Henry

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Shoreline Electronics

This is an AA-1 chassis...does use the typical SBX1637 like the 32TS35 set.

There is an SBX type module inside the tuner but you cannot replace it.

You'll more than likely need a new tuner.

But first try this.......run the set with a VCR hooked up to the A/V
jacks....if the audio stays OK using this method then the tuner is at fault.

New tuners are pricey...you can get a rebuilt from www.tiptoptuner.com for
$27.00 shipped. You just need to return your dud to them or they will
charge a $27.00 core fee.

WAS 859825410 Total Price: $77.00 EA
Vendor: SONY Suggested Retail: $98.78 EA
On Hand: INVENTORY AVAILABLE IN MARYLAND AND FLORIDA
ETA: FOR IMMEDIATE SHIPMENT

PO # or Notes: Quantity to Order:

Substitute Items Available Below

To order a substitute part, click on the item number.
Item Number On Hand Your Price Retail
859825451 ( SONY) INVENTORY NOT AVAILABLE AND CANNOT BE ORDERED $70.00
$77.00

859825440 ( SONY) INVENTORY NOT AVAILABLE AND CANNOT BE ORDERED $70.00
$77.00

--
==========================
Jeff Stielau

========================

wrote in message
oups.com...
My nieghbor gave me a 32" Sony KV-32TS36 manufactured 1993. He tossed
it because the volume would fade out as it stayed on longer (assuming
as it heats up)

Does anybody know what part this could sounds like? I'm a lay person to
electronics repair but have had success on this group years ago
soldering something on another TV found on the street.

Thanks
Henry

Attached Images